Should I try racing? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Should I try racing?

Ok this may sound funn but would I have a chance at all? I've got a '97 TJ (jeep wrangler) with a 4.0 I6, auto, stock everything else. Only mods so far a 30" bfg at ko's, skid plates and I might have a rear lockright by the fall. Would I do alright in some stock class? Where are some racers close to me, I'm outside chicago but would drive a good distance? I wouldn't be racing till the fall though. Also I'm under 18 would I have a problem with most races rules?
Sorry bout all the questions, but I'm serisously interested and the sport needs to stay alive.
Barrelroll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 10:23 AM
TEX

Re: Should I try racing?

<font color=purple>Which type of racing do you mean? Mud? Tough Trucks? Stadium? Off-Road? As to the under 18 thing, some places would be a no-go, others would require waivers signed by your parents on-site in front of witnesses.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

MUD Racing, would you allow me to race tex?

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 07:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll help tex out here. you could probably race, but like tex said you would have to sign a waiver with your parents saying it was okay. as far as your vehicle, you could race in a stock class, either pit or fast track. check out Tex's page at http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing for the rules of his organization. Tex puts on a great show and is a great promoter. One of his races would be a great break in point for your "career". His events are competitive though.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 08:08 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>As Mongoose says, I do allow under 18 to race, as long as your parents (or legal guardians) are on-site to sign a waiver. A "Fast Track" class might be best for your setup as BFG AT's will really struggle in the deeper "Pit". The other thing about the "Fast Track" is that you won't accumulate a lot of mud on & under the vehicle, and that might make the folks a little happier with ya [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. But, you should still have a good time at it! </font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 07:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree with tex, after 2 years of pit racing, i am ready for the fast track. Those 3 or 4 hours worth of cleaning on Sunday morning got old really quick!!!! If you are going to run BFG AT's stick with the fast track.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode