Xtreme 4x4 Comp Cam - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Xtreme 4x4 Comp Cam

I am fixing to go thru the old valvetrain and freshen up. Thinking of going with CompCams Xtreme energy 268. Specs are .477in and .480ex with 268/280 dur. I will be replacing the springs to match along with valve job. Maybe 1.6 ratio roller rockers and chrome moly pushrods also. My truck is a 78' chevy 4-speed, 350 bored .030 over, performer intake and carb, new headers and flowmasters, and accel supercoil. I have 36x12.50 swampers with 3.08 gears in an open 10-bolt soon to get an Eaton limited slip. I am not looking for stumppulling low-end torque, I like to get the tires spinning and stay on top of the mud. It isn't my primary truck, 94 Z71, but it is so fun to drive I usually drive it to work. Will this cam cause a problem for me, should I expect to not have valve to piston clearance w/flat-top pistons? Hopefully it will give my exhaust a little rumble, rumble. Anyone who has ran this cam or has any suggestions would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 10:34 AM
TEX

Re: Xtreme 4x4 Comp Cam

<font color=purple>You shouldn't have clearance problems (SHOULDN'T) with the 1.5 rockers, but 1.6's will increase your lift. May or may not be a problem. I'm running 10.2:1 flattops with .488/.510 lift & mine weren't a problem, but I've still got the 1.5 rockers.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:36 AM
Kendog454

Re: Xtreme 4x4 Comp Cam

How much power does that setup give you Tex?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode