What Happened to S.O.D.A.? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 06:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What Happened to S.O.D.A.?

Hello Amigos,

I was doing a search on the web for short course and arena type off-road racing in the hopes of finding something near where I live. I came across a link to S.O.D.A., but the website address is no longer any good. Is S.O.D.A. still around? Anyone know their website address? Anyone know of any off-road racing near the North Texas area I could watch?

Take care,

BooRunner (Ed)
[email protected]l.com
http://members.aol.com/equin44484/boorunnerpage.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What Happened to S.O.D.A.?

soda kinda turned into C.O.R.R.
www.corracing.com

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 03:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info, Iceman. I've checked out the CORR website before. Pretty cool site. Too bad their events are too far away for me to watch in person.

BooRunner (Ed)
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 05:51 PM

I'm a member of CORR, and yeah it sucks having to travel all over when you still have a full time job during the week!

Team #32, Pro 4

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 03:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Matt (CORRP432)

I checked out your profile and notice you have a pro series F150. That's pretty cool that you're a member of CORR.

So are you the race driver? What's it like racing in the CORR series? Do you know Johnny Greaves, Jeff Kincaid and Rod Millen? (Can you tell I'm into to Toyotas? - lol) Aside from the CORR limits on suspension travel, are the suspension setups the same or different from the desert racing setups?

I noticed Curt LeDuc is signed up for the Paris to Dakar Rallye next week (Jan 1, 2001), according to the competitor's list at www.dakar.com . That must be something being able to race that event.

Good luck in the races and take care,

BooRunner (Ed)
[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 07:15 PM

Hey Ed,

Nope I'm just the crew chief. One of these days maybe I'll get to drive!! Racing in the series is spectacular!!! Have you been able to make it to any of the events or seen them on TV?
I've talked with each of them on several occasions, very nice gentlemen. Each of them are very knowledgeable about the trucks and racing. It's interesting to hear them talk. All of the people associated with CORR are the same way. Very professional and friendly people!

The setups are similar in component use, but in desert racing they have higher ground clearances, while the CORR trucks are lower for better cornering on the short tracks.

It should be interesting to see how Curt does, he's been racing for years, and is one tough driver. I think he raced the same rally last year as well, but had mechanical problems, not sure though....

Thanks for the questions!

Matt

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Matt,

Man, you've got an interesting job as crew chief! That must be a blast. I have yet to see a CORR race in person, but one of these days I'd love to see one. Unfortunately, I'm all the way down here in Texas, nowhere near close to any of the races. But I heard there was a race at Topeka, Kansas last year. I have to check the map to see if it's within driving distance.

I'm interested in knowing how Curt Le Duc does at the rallye also. I noticed at the website there were only a few Americans signed up for the race, Curt being one of them.

I also noticed from the pics of the trucks and cars that their ride height appears lower than some of the Baja desert racers. According to a Spanish magazine I got, one of the trucks, a Nissan Navara built by Tecnosport in Italy, uses some kind of shocks called Ohlins. I've never heard of those. I'm used to hearing about King shocks, Fox shocks, Bilsteins and SAWs. What kind of shocks are most popular in CORR? The Nissan also ran Michelin Raid tires. What kind of tires are most popular in CORR?

Well, you'll have to give us updates so the rest of us can live vicariously through your CORR racing experience! Take care,

BooRunner (Ed)
[email protected]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 05:12 PM

Live through me huh? Boy nothing like a little pressure to perform well!! Not to give you the wrong impression, but our team is three guys, most of the time, and everything comes out of our pockets.
Well I do hope that you can try to make it, for us to make Topeka from the Detroit area its a 14 hr trip each way....blah! Nothing like a little window time!!
As for the shocks and tires, all of the shocks you listed are used, though some teams make their own. Very trick pieces! Tires are split between Goodyear and BFG's. The pro 2 & 4 use the racing spec versions of the Wrangler and Mud T/A respectively. Very heavy duty off road tires! Multiple plies on the sidewall and tread areas, double what you can buy for the street. Some teams use the "street" version of each, the Wrangler MT/R and the Mud/All Terrain T/A's. Mostly in the 35 and 37" varieties, with both 15 and 17" rim choices. We happen to use the street Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on our truck. Very nice tires! I happen to have a set for my 78 Bronco.

So far the off season has been pretty quite, the truck is stripped down and getting worked over....

Stay tuned....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode