Really fun story - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 08:20 AM
TEX

Really fun story

<font color=purple>Been hearing some reports on "Platte". For the uninitiated, "Platte" is the annual Missouri Mud Racing Association sanctioned mud race that takes place at the Platte County Fair, North of Kansas City, MO. This is one of the all-time fun events to attend as there are tons of trucks & the crowd is always enthusiastic & HUGE! The "street stock" classes have to take place on a separate day because of the number of entries (167 street trucks this year). Under normal MMRA rules, "street stock" is divided into two classes: 7a allows tires LESS than 36", one carb, gas for fuel, no nitrous, no superchargers. 7b allows tires 36" OR ABOVE, or anyone on sub-36" rubber with nitrous, multiple carbs, or superchargers. And you can only run 7a OR 7b, not both. For this event, they used local rules with 3 classes - up to 33", up to 38.5", & up to 44" (they did allow folks to run either a or b AND c, but only if they swapped tires to larger than 38.5").

Well, getting to the fun part, there were 106 entries in the 38.5" class & a young gal won the class in a '65 Ford. Friends told me she was just so tickled to have beaten the guys & collect the huge trophy. So, she got the trophy & started to walk away when officials asked her if she wanted her money. "There's money too?!?!" she said. Apparently, you could have 'bout knocked this girl over with a feather when they handed her $1,050.00 for winning.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 10:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Really fun story

Great story TEX!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 02:57 PM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Man, I want to enter one of those, but I am scared I would thrash my Toy into pieces...

Great story TEX [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 04:42 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Shoot, I'd think mud racin' would be pretty easy on the Toy compared to what you do DRM! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]</font color=purple>

TEX

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 09:47 PM
mudracer

That's cool. Sounds like a newbie got to win a real big class. Wow, I was happy when I won $280 for one class a few weeks back. Good for her.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
'80 CJ-7 trail machine
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 09:50 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>WHAT? You raced recently? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Sorry, couldn't help it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]</font color=purple>

TEX

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 07:49 PM
mudracer

Yeah, just been hitting the local races. Can't turn down a chance at the money when Morocco is only 5 miles away! Got that points trophy in sight too. Been Jeepin' most weekends though. I see you have some more pics of trucks that race at Morocco on your site now.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
'80 CJ-7 trail machine
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 09:05 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Yeah, got some really nice shots lately from all over, including some folks who know you. BTW, I haven't been doing any racing myself. The truck has only made one pass all year & I've only been to two other events to work. The "in-process" house & "in-process" baby have kept me entirely too busy for anything else. Next year won't be much better, but look out in '02 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].</font color=purple>

TEX

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 08:31 PM

Man tex the real reason you can`t race much is your always playing on the computer, carpal tunnel, i`m just an enthusiest still:-)...

GOT MUD!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 07:42 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Hahahah! </font color=purple>

TEX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode