TOP MUD CHALLENGE 2000 Review!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 08:44 PM
TEX

TOP MUD CHALLENGE 2000 Review!!!!

<font color=purple>That's right gang, July 4th is the day. Already have racers confirmed from Missouri, Arkansas, Indiana, & Illinois. Still not sure 'bout the folks from Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Iowa, and Wisconsin who've inquired about the event. But, we know we'll have two of the top 5 Super Stockers in the nation, along with some great Modifieds & street trucks. Will you be there?</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 11:09 PM
mudracer

Re: 13 days until TOP MUD CHALLENGE 2000!!!!

Still a good chance I'll come. The determining factor is my engine. I'm in the middle of working out some bugs. I hope the price of gas goes down between now and then!! I have to fill up the weekend home for the 280 mile trip.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2000, 08:06 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Yeah, I hope you can make it. Should be a nice turnout. Couple of my buddies are headed over to Shelbyville on Saturday with a green S-15 Super Stocker. I sent 'em with some fliers to try to recruit some of those guys like Reiley, etc. They put on a good show for us last year in St. Charles. I guess Miller Time was sold [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img], so we won't see him this year. But, a lot of our locals that missed last year's race will be there this year. Our local club had a falling out with my promoter (over a cancellation of an event he had booked with them) & a lot of them sort of boycotted St. Charles. But, they've sort of patched things up & I hired the club to work the event. They'll bring a lot of good running trucks that weren't there last year. So, I think it'll be a nice show. They're also bringing out some monster trucks for display & if the race gets over soon enough, they have those guys booked to crush cars (if we run too late, they won't be able to since there's no lights). The two races in St. Charles last year were over in like 5.5 hours, and we really didn't work that hard to keep it moving. So, if things go that well again, we'll have no problems getting the monsters out there to do their thing.</font color=purple>

TEX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 01:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tex tell me about shelbyville. What state,how far from St.Louis,what time,what rules?Just spent $1200 on a new converter to come to the challange and show up some yankee's hahahaha!!!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 12:38 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Mudracer could give ya a little more info on Shelbyville as he's raced there. It's in Illinois - definitely a "Yankee" holdout [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. I'll try to attach the flyer with the contact name. Lookin' forward to seeing you guys NEXT WEEK!</font color=purple>

TEX

Attached Files
File Type: doc 8-158465-OMRO.doc (51.0 KB, 27 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 09:54 PM
TEX

Re: 7 days until TOP MUD CHALLENGE 2000!!!!

<font color=purple>Well, looks like Master Blaster won't be back to defend their 2.889 Pro Stock record. Still putting the top end back together after dropping a valve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Mudzilla (our Modified record holder) is still down from a NOS explosion, so that means Texas isn't likely to be represented on the 4th [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. But, the Insta-Gator is coming back from IN & we have a bunch of new local machines to go along with our pals from AR & anyone else who shows up! Oughta be great!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=purple>

TEX

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2000, 10:55 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Okay, our pals from CO blew their engine, but fear not - Just dropped off a set of rims for my neighbor's new Modified & the Running's "The Juice" should be up & going in Pro Stock and up since TCI is shipping that 10" converter overnight! We're picking up about 15 new racers from the Mid-Missouri Off-Roaders (who didn't participate much with us last season), tons of repeat locals, & who knows else!? Guaranteed to be a great show! See y'all there!</font color=purple>

TEX

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 08:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, Tex! how's the weather there this weekend. sorry, i could not make it this weekend. To many things going on. Mud Pony is there though. looking forward to hearing about the weekend!!!!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 10:28 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Sorry ya couldn't make it Mongoose [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Maybe next season![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] How's the project coming? Weather here is pretty much like down there - hot & humid with spotty afternoon short-term thunderboomers. Summer has hit full-force here & it was SOOOOOOO nice only a week or so ago [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. Sounds like we'll have a number of guys there tomorrow that weren't at the last one 08/28/99 when you came up. Sorry you're missin' it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I'll post the winners here tomorrow night & the complete rundown on my page hopefully within the week. See ya!!!</font color=purple>

TEX

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2000, 07:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How did it go!? looking forward to hearing from Mudpony this afternooon for the scoop. can't wait to see the web page update.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode