better weekend - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 11:03 AM
RolngThun

better weekend

That rear end stayed together with the new spool. Two 1st places, two fastest passes, and a fastest reaction time.
No rollovers or wrecks, what more could a guy ask for?
I hope things went as well for you other guys who raced this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 02:01 PM
TEX

Re: better weekend

<font color=purple>Couldn't even get motivated to put a simple starter on mine. Spent the morning of the race cutting grass. Probably would have done real well (taken 1st the last two times at this event), but am kind of glad I left the truck at home. Multiple delays - some too ridiculous to believe - led to a 13.75 hour event[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]. Only a few weeks ago, we had a 9-hour race & all agreed that was entirely too long. If only we'd known that wouldn't be the worst one of the year. No serious injuries, but did have one girl in a tractor-tired machined get knocked out. Only had a lap belt & the big hole at the end of the pit (her HUSBAND was the backhoe operator) stopped her so quick she bashed her head on the steering wheel. The red flagman woke her up - her first words were, "did I win?".</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 03:45 PM
RolngThun

Did I win? That is great. Did she win?
Our races have been taking way longer then they should too. It does make for along day.
I know what you mean about it sometimes being hard to find the time and energy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 04:38 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Actually, I think she came out of the side of the pit, which would be a DQ. Got the story 2nd hand as I had left a couple of hours later. With me, time is less of a problem as energy. Got a lot going on this year (broke ground on new house, wife is pregnant), so the mudracer is kind of in the back of my mind more than the front. Though I have to admit that if our races could be shrunk back down to 5-6 hours, I'd be more enthused about them & probably get fired up about the racer. The next event around here is the one under my direction on July 4th. I'm not expecting as many trucks as we normally get locally, and with a higher entry fee & limit on # of passes/truck, I expect fewer multiple-class vehicles. So, with that stuff on my side, I'm going to bust my hump to make sure no "outside" delays screw up what could be a very short day. I've hired the local club to work my race (same club that sanctioned both of the recent long ones), so I'd like to pay back their efforts with a shorter-than-normal event (most of the problems we've had have been related to the town not providing proper equipment/security).</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode