Tuff Truck/Mud Bog - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 01:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tuff Truck/Mud Bog

I am going to do a tuff truck competition in a few weeks that also has a mud bog. The mud bog classes are broken up to the 4 cylinders, 6's, etc, my problem is: I have an 86 toyota 4x4 with 36" Super Swampers with 5.29 gears in the rear with the stock gears in the front (4.10's) with a 22R 4 cylinder, my problem is should I stick with what I got and not use 4 wheel drive? Or should I swap to the original gears in the rear for a temp fix to have 4 wheel drive? Or what would happen if I stayed with my set up and used 4 wheel drive? I know I need to get 5.29's but it's aa money issue at the moment. Thanks for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 868921-My Truck.jpg (94.6 KB, 43 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tuff Truck/Mud Bog

If your use your truck in 4wd you could break r/p in the front or your transfer case if you get traction you can use a differnt size tires to change your gear ratio I would stay in 4wd wath the front hubs unlocked or change your r/p
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 03:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tuff Truck/Mud Bog

I say run it stock (Swap out the gears) and run in 4LO. I run my stock Bronco all the time with 35's and it has no power issues in 4LO...but is kind of a dog on the highway! Great top end though! If I never had to slow down the gas mileage would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode