Those things are sweet!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mercedes Unimog All discussion concerning Mercedes, Unimog vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 08:21 AM
311mx

Those things are sweet!!!!!

Recently I started going to the Mercedes ELITE program, which is basically a Mercedes-based school for new technicians. I've rencently been doing some research on Mercedes vehicles and I stumbled upon these Unimog vehicles. Being an off-road enthusiast (Jeep rock-crawler) I always knew they existed but I never looked into them. THESE THINGS ARE SWEET!!! They seem a little too big for southern California which sucks because I'd definitley consider buying one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 05:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Those things are sweet!!!!!

they aren't too big. The 1300's may be but look at a 404, or for an even smaller one look into the 411
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 10:20 PM

Ive been wanting a 416 Crewcab....

http://www.unimog-forever.com/Specia...Cab/e416cc.htm

I think I just had an orgasm!.... """"'Man that is such a SWEET AZZED RIG!!!!!!!!!!!!"""""""

My wife thinks they are ugly. I am still working on her. One of these days I will have one to drive around town and on trail runs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 07:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I too am mostly into jeeps myself but have had an interest in unimogs for years, I am intterested in dropping a travel trailer on the back of one and building it into an all terrain camper,Where can you buy one? are they easy to get in the US? How much? [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 11:56 PM

I tried talking my wife into that...as you can normally get a radio truck for a decent cost..and then convert the box over to s sleeper with kitchen....my wife thinks the mogs are ugly....otherwise I would own one or two or three........
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 10:26 AM
LowGearMonster

Ugly?!

Ugly? That is a work of 4x4 art. How can it be ugly? I would love to have one of those. How much do they usually run for? Probably way out of my price range but still good to know certain things.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 05:20 PM

Re: Ugly?!

Well...you can normally find a decent crewcab that needs some work for between 7000 and 12000 dollars US.... A few years ago you could get a nicely done crewcab for about 20,000 dollars US. I am not sure what they are going for now. But the nice thing was that for about 1/4 the price of a Humvee...you could buy a Unimog which "WILL" keep the living crap out of any humvee! The Mog is far superior to the hummer....just like the Land Cruiser is far superior to any jeep. Then again G-wagen is nice....as are most MB 4x4 wagons and swb 4x4's......and the Toyota Megacruiser is really nice. A Megacruiser will kick the crap out of a hummer too....and they have allwheel steering...sorry..GM didnt invent 4wheel steering....LoL...

Dave
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 06:04 PM
311mx

The Land Cruiser is far superior to any Jeep? Um, I don't think so. I believe the Jeep Rubicon would wipe the floor with a stock Land Cruiser. No doubt about it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 06:15 PM

rotflmfao - nope. been there, seen it - local jack*** thougth the same thing in his all new, too cool rube....he lost, and broke the front DS in the ruby, too.

wrong board to be touting Jeeps on...

chris
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 07:10 PM

Land Cruisers have been with lockers for years. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Something jeep just offered recently. Unlike some people think....jeep did not invent the 4x4 and there are vehicles that are far above a jeep. Dr Porsche had a 4wheel drive vehicle decades between the jeep came into the world. The TLC, Mog, G-wagen, PinzgaŁr are just a few 4x4 rigs are are above a stock jeep and they are in their stock form. Also there are several series of Land Cruisers that have been around for decades and they came from the factory with front and rear lockers. I know you are proably just thinking of the FJ40. I think of wagons when I speak about land cruisers. Mainly because I am a family man and have owned almost TLC wagons. I have owned a couple FJ40's. Toyota did offer a cable locker as an option a very very very long time before jeep ever thought about doing so...under whom ever owned them(jeep) at what ever time. I just recently sold my 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 wagon and it had the option of front and rear cable lockers. My brother is a hardcore jeep owner. I have friends that are hardcore jeep owners. But they have to build their rigs to the level mine is stock. And a cherokee is not in the same class as a stock TLC Wagon. A cherokee would be in the same class as a 4runner. But if you wish to compare...in person...then I am sure we can arrange a local toyota TLCA club gathering in your area and compare the abilities of both the jeep you own and the ones the club members own. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode