I saw an M-Class out Wheeling!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mercedes M-Class Discussion of all topics, relating to Mercedes M-Class vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2000, 02:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I saw an M-Class out Wheeling!!!!!!!

You will NEVER believe it.... i actually saw a Mercedes M-something or other out Wheeling. It was on the Trail that my club (Point Mugu 4WD) Maintains (Lockwood Creek, Miller Jeep Trail). I was rather impressed... the Traction control thing works pretty well, the guy kept hitting the gas when he'd get tire's up, and the computer would lock the axle up, and he'd keep on trucking. There was also a Newish Land Cruiser, and a land rover Defender 90... kinda cool. OK, that's about it, all i need to see now are the new lexus, and infiniti SUV's and a tundra out wheeling. Have a friend w/ a tundra, he wont come play w/ me [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

Later
BJ

PS I think there is a write up on the trail in the Toyota section @ Off-Road.com

to hell with it, lets go wheelin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 12:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I saw an M-Class out Wheeling!!!!!!!

So were they way up the Miller Jeep trail then? The first part doesn't count ;^).

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 01:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We were coming down the switchback's into YellowJacket, and the were coming of of Lockwood into YellowJacket, got to watch them run YellowJacket, and then head up the switchbacks... i know, it's nothing tough, most of it is 2wd stuff (if you have low range), but hey, here's a Luxobarge SUV, in the dirt.
Later
BJ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 04:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

That's very amazing that someone actually had the kind of cash to buy a M-class and then take it out and risk gettin' it all smacked up... It is a good change for once, a lot of people around here seem to have the M-class, but the only off road they ever see is the owner's driveway... I don't suppose you got any pics of the M-class on the trail?

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 10:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nope, sorry, no pics, if i see another, or this one again, i will get some though
BJ

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 03:20 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>I guess that's okay, but it does seem sort of pointless. Why plunk down as much as a mortgage on something & then trash it. Could have spent the same on a 3/4 ton pickup, a flatbed trailer, & a REALLY CAPABLE, used, & modified 4x4. Then, you'd have had several useful vehicles & it'd be the cheapest one that'd be subjected to potential damage. I don't know, just guess I like to think too much.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 05:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I don't see much of a point in driving a relatively incapable vehicle that cost about 1/2 (or 1/3 at least) of a decent house (around here at least) off road... But to each his (or her) own I guess...

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 06:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i think we should be happy they are at least driving a truck like vehicle. these people would also be the ones that would normally be driving a small car (relative to a truck) and complianing that our trucks are too big and dangerous and working against us. kind of like my take on harley riders (might open a can o' worms) i don't like harleys and think their riders look silly, especially when they are leaving their house in malibu wearing some type hells angel'ish type leather,and three days of stubble on their face. i think the fad is rediculous, but i do not complian (very loudly) because these people are supporting the industry and motorcycling in general. i could care less if someone wants to wheel their MB or buy a 4x4 and never use the 4x4 mode. i think it still supports the truck industry and whatever floats their boat is fine. silly--yes, do i care---no. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and here in CA. the price of a ML is bearly a down payment for a house[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (i'm still keeping my old toyota)

Tom Klippenstein
GOT BEER?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2000, 11:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sorry Tom, I'm just jealous that these people have all that $$$ lying around in order to buy one of those expensive things and then 'wheel it... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 12:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i know, i don't mean i can't poke a little fun at them!! it is just that i don't concern myself with it enough to get worked up.

Tom Klippenstein
GOT BEER?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode