Know your limitations - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mercedes M-Class Discussion of all topics, relating to Mercedes M-Class vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2000, 09:06 AM
TEX

Know your limitations

<font color=purple>Here's Rick's quote from the other post:</font color=purple> "You obviously do not own a ML320.My Mercedes is the best Off-Road vehicle around in my part of
Florida.I've been clocked at 152 M.P.H....Yes,...By a Cop..(LOL) I've ridden a 4Runner once,and I
thought the ride was awful! I would send you pictures of it..if I knew how...
-Rick"

<font color=purple>Rick, with all due respect, you don't have the foggiest flippin' idea what you're talking about. Now, there's no doubt you like your M-class & think it's wonderful on the highway - it probably is. And if you changed OFF-road to ON-road in your post, nobody would argue with you - at least not as much. But, on-road ability & off-road ability are two entirely different things. I've owned several 4x4's of different brands - all of which saw at least some highway duty & all of which have seen at least some low-range off-roading. Generally speaking, the better a vehicle is ON-road, the worse it is OFF-road, and vice versa.

And if you doubt my saying so, consider my credentials:

Past president of my local 4x4 club AND a 4-state regional association. Continuous membership in at LEAST one 4x4 club for over a dozen years.

Competitive mud racer who's been in the sport since 1988.

Tech inspector for 13 different mud race sanctioning bodies including NMRO.

"Ruff Trux" coordinator for several Pace Motorsports events.

Owner of my own mud-race sanctioning body - Gateway Unlimited Mud Bog Organzation.

Recreational trail rider who's locked hubs in Missouri, Arkansas, Colorado, & Wyoming.

I don't want to belittle you for your purchase of the M-class. I'm sure for your needs it suits, & you obviously like it. And for buying something that suits your needs & gives you such obvious satisfaction, I congratulate you. But, you should know your limitations. I'm familiar with every design currently available to the 4x4-buying public. And there aren't many 4x4's available in stock form that wouldn't quickly leave your M-class behind when the going got really rough. TRUST ME, I know what I'm talking about.

Oh, one other thing. If I catch you driving 152 MPH anywhere in the vicinity of a member of my family, I'm going to kick your ass so hard you'll be wearing it for a hat for the remainder of your days on this earth. Slow the f*ck down you moron. </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2000, 10:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Know your limitations-TEX for president!!!

Brilliantly put TEX. Especially the last paragraph. Beautiful. Couldn't improve on it if I tried.
Sean

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2000, 08:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mighty darn eloquent with your words for a guy named TEX, heheh....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 09:38 PM
Can't Get Enough

Brilliant TEX!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Even in my YJ's pre-pubescent state, I would love to take on the M-class.
To Rick.....
152mph?.... hmmmm.... let's post a scan of that ticket pal. I hope you are careful next time, not to skid out on your bullsh|t.
I might have been clocked at 80mph in the ailing YJ, but the cops didn't even look twice. "Yeah, I'm sure that thing was going that fast. Time for the radar to be serviced.", Donny Law.
You want to impress someone with your overpriced recycled tuna can? Speed on a trail with some 4x4 club in your area, if you get off of the gravel lot, and you will be welcomed into their hearts.
Don't worry, the beatings are just part of the hazing. Fun for everyone.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Good luck with your thingy.
Bryan[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2000, 08:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Know your limitations

Your post was right on! I have an M class, a 430, and you are right, there are far better choices for off roading, although there is a guy out west, Harold Pieschman, I think his name is, who makes a pretty good effort with the M class. I got mine for use on poorly maintained gravel roads here in the mtns of NC, and for the heavy snows we get. First thing I did was replace the "sports car" tires (275x55/17's) with 32x10's, gives me extra grnd clx. in the snow (1-1/2"). Anyone doing 150, which I doubt, in one of these things should have it taken away from him. Hopefully that's what the Fla cop did
Cheers

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 10:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rick, your an assh*le. Save the speed for the track not the roads. That cop should have taken his nightstick and cracked your skull.

"Yeah I remember her saying, I'm already dead"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:08 PM
Enthusiast

tex, you're cool! Rick you're a dick!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Right on Tex.

My truck ain't leaking oil it's marking it's territory!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode