O/T USMC & Bin Laden - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

O/T USMC & Bin Laden

Have you heard about the new USMC bumper sticker?

<font color=blue>It's GOD'S responsibility to forgive Bin Laden.
It's the USMC's responsibility to arrange meeting.</font color=blue>

All I can add is Godspeed!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 04:11 PM

Re: O/T USMC & Bin Laden

You know a lot of people are talking about how it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think the answer is simple. You take a group of highly motivated, well-trained operators (SEALS, Rangers, Green Berets, Recon, take your pick) and you give them one goal and one goal only. Find this man. Here are credit cards, budget codes, equipment, and access to intelligence. Do not come back until you find and eliminate this threat. Now I'm not saying it wouldn't take time, but a year or three isn't long in the grand scheme of things, and I'm willing to bet that they could keep enough pressure on Bin Laden's operations that he wouldn't be able to pull any more shenanigans.

The message being we will find you. It doesn't matter how deep the hole, we don't care if you are in church, in your kitchen, or tucking your children in. We will find you and we will remove the rabid organisms from the human race, leaving the rest unscathed.

Why horrify and alienate people with chainsaw when you can show them the power of a scalpal?

But I DO like the bumper sticker...

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 04:20 PM

You know a lot of people are talking about how it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think the answer is simple. You take a group of highly motivated, well-trained operators (SEALS, Rangers, Green Berets, Recon, take your pick) and you give them one goal and one goal only. Find this man. Here are credit cards, budget codes, equipment, and access to intelligence. Do not come back until you find and eliminate this threat. Now I'm not saying it wouldn't take time, but a year or three isn't long in the grand scheme of things, and I'm willing to bet that they could keep enough pressure on Bin Laden's operations that he wouldn't be able to pull any more shenanigans.

The message being we will find you. It doesn't matter how deep the hole, we don't care if you are in church, in your kitchen, or tucking your children in. We will find you and we will remove the rabid organisms from the human race, leaving the rest unscathed.

Why horrify and alienate people with chainsaw when you can show them the power of a scalpal?

But I DO like the bumper sticker...

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 04:51 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Your 100 % correct on your statement . I think this time the job has to be finished . Unlike Saddam Insane who is still walking around free and spouting off BS all the time while he cooks up his Bio weapons .
I dont think the American people or heck , all people no matter what country they are from should accept the job being finished until we see his head on a pole .
The we go finish what was started in Iraq after the Bin issue is "taken care of " . My .02

<font color=black>Jeff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 06:56 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Someone told me that Bush said we were going to finish the job in Iraq when we finished with $hithead. True or not?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 08:45 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Bush never said that outright but a lot of people in his admin seem to want to take care of Iraq. He was warning Saddam to let inspectors back in, etc, etc or suffer the consequences if I recall... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I think he'll be taken care of soon after the Al Queda and taliban remnants are gone...</font>

Tim "Sandman"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 08:51 PM

I really hope they get the IRA too.

They've been bombing trainstations and bars in the UK for 50-100 years now.
It's kind of sad that nothing has been done until now about terrorism though.. it's the whole, "If it doesn't affect us, what are we spending money on it for." ideal.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

It's an interesting point about the IRA. After 911 they laid down their arms and started to negoiate with the UK. Two reasons seemed to push this...firs they didn't want to be pegged as terrorists and second a lot of their funding was coming from the US. It dried up overnight... I guess finally some US Citizens learned a horrific lesson.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode