0-60 clarification - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 07:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

0-60 clarification

Hold on there gentlmen,cool your keyboards!

Remember I said "just for interest sake"? well thats what I meant,not for competition sake or to try to sway the jeep cult to the race track.

I was just genuinely curious about what say a 2001 TJ would do and mabe a 258 powered '82 with 2.73 gears,just for interest sake.

Dont mistake me for one second as a "track jeep" guy,quite the contrary,in fact my jeep won this years jamboree "crawl off"with its 360/TF727/4:1dana300/4.56/and cheating by airing down the 35'sto 6psi[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]/and turning the idle screw on the 2150 down to 450rpm.

I guess I'm one of those guys that wants thier jeep to run perfect enough to win the crawloff at 450rpm,and strong enough to conquer the tallest dune,and the deepest mud,all the while sporting a perfect driveline without even the hint of a leak,and still be able to run lower helldorado/sledghammer biannually without a scratch or a breakdown(seldom happens,but Ive got it down to a u-joint or outeraxleshaft,but I'm working on that)

Also this same jeep was the only one to climb "spiderhill"at the Rocky jamboree this year out of the six that tried (one rolled)and this BTW was not HP that conquered this hill,but rather a perfectly smooth idle and soft suspension good vehicle balance and aired down tires.

But anyway now its just pride talking,and you know what they say about pride,(its always fallowed by a fall[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
So NO I'm not promoting jeep dragging(tho I'm not opposed to those that do,just not on this bbs)I honestly asked for interest sake,but it was fun to read anyway[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

jsjps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 08:47 PM

Re: 0-60 clarification

Good balance of power, torque, suspension, and steering, along with reliability is what a great Jeep needs to have to run the different types of trails that are being ran these days. Wheel speed and mid range torque are the only way to get up some obstacles. It was a very viable question taken in text. It would be a ridiculouse, goal to build towards, in my opinion.
Sounds like you had some fun competing with your Jeep this year. Way to Go !!

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 11:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

After reading beee240's comments over on the original thread,I realize I should have mentioned that my jeep also was built with much assistance from this bbs,for wich I truely am thank-full.
Also as some have mentioned,a well built balanced jeep seems to win the challenge every time.after all "fate and luck favour the well prepared"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

jsjps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 08:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am and NCO in the US Army. I have taken an oath a couple of times to protect citizens of the US from enemies foreign and domestic. If you infringe on somebodies 1st amendment right I consider you an enemy. Being jeb is Canadian all I can do is say is "your on your own, good luck". But I did have a little fun seeing what mine could do it in.

Ross

2001 TJ, Warn HS9500i, tera 3st and ome shocks, 33X12.50 MTR/s, 4.56 gears, arbs front and rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode