Which Lift Kit- (Mild)? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 08:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which Lift Kit- (Mild)?

The front springs on my 93 YJ 4.0 Auto were bent when my son hit some ice and slid into a ditch last week. No other damage that I have found. This jeep is used for light duty only as I have a 78 CJ5 for hard core wheel'n.

The existing springs are stock. I would like to put 31" tires on it so I am thinking of installing a mild lift (2-3" at the most) at this time as I have to replace the front anyway. Any suggestions? The quality of the ride is important. I don't need a bone jarring set up as I have another jeep for that.

Thanks!
Kriss

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 08:50 PM

Re: Which Lift Kit- (Mild)?

Rubicon Express extreme duty kits and ome kits are both known for good ride and flex. The springs arn't the only factor, shocks are another factor and some shocks will make the ride suck with a good spring. Super lift and skyjacker kits can provide good ride but are not always well liked.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a minny van

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 09:52 PM

I have a 2" Tuff Country kit on my '77 CJ7. I really like the ride. I put it on about 5 years ago and got the "heavy duty" kit instead of the one that has all the flex as I used the Jeep at the time to haul my camper. Never any complaints in the ride department, and off-road it still works well. Even now that the Jeep is becoming more and more hard core, the springs are just fine. And they were less expensive than the others that I priced.

Ken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 10:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have actually been looking into the same issue for my YJ, I am looking to start my serious build up in the spring. I have found that superlift setups have all of what I am looking for.
Another option that you have that may be cheaper is to only get two new springs for the front and add a leaf in the rear. if cost cutting is important as it usally is

91 YJ 2 inch lift new engine in the works.
"Because there is no reason not to"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode