MC2100 Swap Fuel inlet help needed. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

MC2100 Swap Fuel inlet help needed.

Uh.. ok, so I got the MC2100 on my 258 this afternoon.
I bought the Carb rebuilt, and it didn't come with any aditional parts.

So I'm wondering, where does the Fuel line go in?

Is it the threaded hole on the front (I have to go buy a brass fitting that would go in there?)
or..
Is it the brass nipple on the top that is right above the funky linkage, pushing, thing on top?

This is the last thing before I'm done, then I can fire her up and take her out for a spin.

(BTW, what kind of air-filter housing did everyone use? I've got a housing that fits, but there's no threaded pole sticking up for me to use a wing-nut on and hold it down.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 07:31 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: MC2100 Swap Fuel inlet help needed.

The ( looking at the carb(mounted) from the front of the engine ) fuel inlet is at the lower left bottom . A Fram G22A filter will screw right in there .
I bought a new TD 14X4" CHROME air cleaner & housing . $ 40.00 at your favorite Lordco store (hehe) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .

<font color=black>Jeff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 08:05 PM
CJ Bob

If you are running power brakes, a 7" is max on the air breather, unless you can find one with the center offset enough so is doesn't hit the brake booster, which I have been unable to find. I am running a cheap 6" chrome one from the nearest auto parts until I can find a K&N that will work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 08:58 AM

Fuel fitting is on the front. A brass fitting is good is you are going to continue to use the jeep's oem filter with the bypass, probably a good idea. Air cleaner is a bit of a challenge. 9" is probably the max, and then it will still tap the brake booster if the engine rocks. I ran a 9" for a while, then took a plastic margarine tub that fit nicely over the top of the carb, and a 4" pvc fitting from the hardware store, hot glue gunned them together, then fibreglassed it all over, removed the inner tub, and voila, a massive 90 degree adapter for a k & n. I bought the biggest K & N I could find, it was 18" long (in retrospect, having seen what the v8's require, this was ridiculous overkill). The filter sits running across the engine (towards passenger side). That way the choke linkage sits inside the hole to the filter and doesnt' bind. Open element filters sound mean when you open the throttle. Love that sound. Used threaded rod for the longer filter hold down stud.

Tim

84 CJ7, 258, HEI, M/C 2100 carb, 5 inch lift, RS9000's, 33x12.5 BFG M/T's, 4.56's and Detroit softlocker, full cage & belts, Xenon flares, Dana 44 rear, GM dual diaphragm brake booster
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone have the exact specs of the threaded rod for me?
Pls & thnx.

Also, Tim, I was thinking about a snorkle at some point in the future, that sounds like a great way to start it off.
What type of Margerine do you eat?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 10:32 AM

It's just 1/4" threaded rod, with a nut holding down the top carb cover, as it also works as a fastener for the top plate on the carb.

I think I used a 2 lb margarine tub, it's tall enough for the 4" pipe to be used, and I had to trim it a little, cut a slot in it, and pull it tight around the base of the carb, then I stapled the overlap of the cut to hold it at the right diameter. Sounds really bush, but that was just an inner mold to be thrown away. Peeled right out from the hardened resin and glass afterwards. Painted it black.

Tim

84 CJ7, 258, HEI, M/C 2100 carb, 5 inch lift, RS9000's, 33x12.5 BFG M/T's, 4.56's and Detroit softlocker, full cage & belts, Xenon flares, Dana 44 rear, GM dual diaphragm brake booster
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Does that mean you don't have a Chrome air cleaner?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 04:01 PM

Fuel fitting is on the front. A brass fitting is good is you are going to continue to use the jeep's oem filter with the bypass, probably a good idea

Tim, any idea where to find this fitting? I've been everywhere (Napa, Auto Zone, Advance, etc) any they can't seem to come up with one. I know it's an inverted fitting but what size?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode