OT- Cooper Tire Litigation - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Addict

OT- Cooper Tire Litigation

I saw this on the POR board and thought it was worth posting here. I was surprised to see that several "name brand" tires are part of this as well as a bunch of "off brand" tires. My less than 1 year old Pro Comp tires are part of this. In a nut shell Cooper has had a class action suit brought against them for possible problems with tires that they manufacture. An example would be Pro Comp tires that are made by Cooper and sold under the Pro Comp name. This link will provide details about what exactly the problem is, options if you are affected, how to find out if your tires are specifically included in this suit.
http://www.coopertirelitigation.com/...tire_home.html
Not trying to cause a ruckus but I know a bunch of people on this board probably run tires listed in this action.

Jeff

<font color=blue>Prepare for war, pray for peace.</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

America home of the F#cking Lawyer

This is the kind of $hit that makes me want to move out of America. A company can make
millions of tires and if even one has a defect they get sued by some $hit head lawyer and
since I bought said tires I am part of the suit and do not even know it. Some how a bunch of
fat cat lawyers and do gooders have decided that I need to sue cooper tires and donít even
need to know about it. Whatís more if I donít remove my self from the lawsuit I am bound
by its results. $hit until I saw this link I did not even know I was part of this. How many
other legal actions are going on right now that we are considered part of. We will never see
a cent even if there was a problem with the tires. Now some F#cking lawyer will get rich
and I will have to pay more for my next set of tires.

bandhmo

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 05:17 PM
Old Hand

Re: OT- Cooper Tire Litigation

some of the brands of tires made by Cooper are..Atlas, Avenger, Bronco, Dominator, El Dorado, Futura (pep boys' brand), Giant, Grand Sport, Hercules, Mastercraft, Pirelli, Roadmaster, Sigma..

How can I tell if my tires are covered by this settlement?

If the number after the "DOT" on your tire begins with U9, 3D, UT, or UP and is a total of 10 digits, your tire is covered, or if it begins with U9, 3D, UT, UP, ends with 00 or 01, and is a total of 11 digits, your tire is covered

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 09:28 PM

Re: OT- Cooper Tire Litigation

Had 4 coopers in the late 80's that had that problem.I bought the truck used and the tires were about 60%,they all came apart within 6 months of getting it.I just replaced them and never bought coopers.

F.T.D
77 CJ7,79 CJ5 Plow Jeep.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 09:40 AM
Robert87yj

Re: America home of the F#cking Lawyer

bandhmo,
don't just jump on the "evil lawyer" rant just yet. Some companies will do anything to make a buck, even at the possible expense of the lives/health of its consumers. I'm not saying that some lawyers aren't sharks in waiting, but I am suggesting that some corporations carry some bad policies and let too much "slop" get into their organization, knowing that the only person to feel the consequences will be the end user.

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
4.2 w/<font color=blue>(4.0 head & MPI)</font color=blue>
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode