Post Subjects (be more specific) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 08:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post Subjects (be more specific)

Recently it seems that many posts have that vague and misleading titles. I do not know
about anyone else but I think it would help board if everyone titled there posts better. There
is allot of information that could be given in the subject line that would speed up both
viewing of the board and the speed at which answers are given to questions.

bandhmo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 09:26 PM
jeepfiend

Re: Post Subjects (be more specific)

I know that TR would like it, before he has to sign up for anger management courses. But really, it does help, especially when searching for information in the BBS. I know that with the board as slow as it has been lately that it can be frustrating to finally have the post load up and it turns out to be about someone's favorite bubble gum flavor.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces! Except for one!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 09:35 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I think some people find it hard to be really specific when you can only squeeze about 40 or so characters into the subject line .

<font color=black>Jeff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 10:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I hope you're being sarcastic! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I totally agree with all of you. There was a post last week entitled something like "What is the best way to..." It turned out to be something about speakers or stereo systems if my mind serves correctly.

http://www.webphotos.com/list_albums...2&u=1000020268
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 10:53 PM

Or the usual cluster of...

Funny noise... (when marrying my sister)
How do I... (get my finger out of my nose)
Wiring diagram needed... (for a simple mind)
Where does this hose go... (up your nose)
Look at this.... (I'm going to hit myself in the head with a hammer)
Check this out.... (I found this growing between my toes)
Need help... (you are beyond help)
Here is a web site... (no content, but you can look at ME! ME! ME! and other things I don't care about...)
Any of you had this happen... ( I need dog wormier for my kids, but my wife is pregnant with the UPS guys kid again, my brother is gay, my sister gave the clap to Chicago, I have the incurable crotch rot, the creeping crud, and oh yeah, my Toyota isn't running right...)
AND YOU WONDER WHY I'M READY TO TAKE A RIFLE INTO A CLOCK TOWER ?![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

If you have been here more than one day, you have seen plenty of these....
Then these rocket scientists can't figure out why they don't get answers with titles like...
My brother said... (I should have pinched your head off when you were a pup...)

I don't need anger management, I have plenty of anger...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
What I need is these 'People's' (and I use the term loosely) home address and large quantities of high explosives.
(My EOD sargent used say, "There is no personal problem that can't be solved with liberal application of high explosives." [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Now I know what he meant...

So many cats, so few recipes...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 12:13 AM

I gotta chime in on this one!
What we don't need is any more of your negativity Aaron!
You were doing so good up till the end of your post.
I donít know what medication you are on but your doc needs to change it now!
THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM, as in open to anyone who wants to post. I donít know about anyone else but no question is a stupid question no matter how worn out it is. Good teachers, questions and listening are how people learn. Yes even you asked newbe questions at one time so get of your high horse.

If you donít like the forum go elsewhere. I am sure there are a lot of other hate and negativity sites out there that would welcome you with open arms.
Lately, in my opinion, you are bringing this BBS down and it needs to stop. Hell you have even got me to ďalmostĒ stoop to your level before.

I don't need anger management, I have plenty of anger...
What I need is these 'People's' (and I use the term loosely) home address and large quantities of high explosives.

(My EOD sargent used say, "There is no personal problem that can't be solved with liberal application of high explosives."
Now I know what he meant...

That last statement is not even remotely funny. I have half a mind to turn your ass in to the authorities. You need to step back and evaluate your self now.

Now you can go ahead and show us what you are made of just like you have in the past, I expect it.
Whereís the old TR?

Trailhed.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 01:24 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

We aren't really talking about the people that post questions that are all too common. We're talking about the people that post a very vague subject.

Like maybe the subject is, "How do I..." And the body of the post is, "make my Jeep go faster?"

Now why in the hell do you care how f-ing fast your Jeep goes? I'm more worried about making it go slower[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] These guys usually get responses like, "Go check the JU board you moron!!" And rightfully so.

I do agree about Aaron's need to tone it down. Some of your comments have been quite un-called for. Especially with everything that's been going on in the world. This isn't the Pirate board[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://www.webphotos.com/list_albums...2&u=1000020268
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 01:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

in response to teamrush, i dont know what board you are reading but i have not seen posts like that here??? and everyone on this board seems so nice why do you have all the negative vibes???

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 01:55 AM

U-know what, I kinda like the pirate board. This board is very propper, lots of info. If you want a less proper, yes ma'am, yes sir answer then the pirate board is where it is. They even have that knifty :flipoff2: guy that I love so much.

At the same time both boards have their place. I though't I'd swap over there after I realised how much more relaxed and playfull it was, but there was a serious lack of information. Because of this I've come back here.

Pirate board aside...

I couldn't give a rats ass if Aaron smack talked people and commented roughly about events and personal preferences.. What I do find funny though, is the way he (Aaron) is requesting help with TR.com, but at the same time chewing out and pissing off alot of people who have the knowledge to help him out.
I know if I were making a website, or anything else for that matter, and someone offered their services for free, no matter how bad they were, or how much you hated them, why not see what they can do before telling them they suck and should go to hell.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Totally agree that subject titles should be more informative. Would save you the time of opening posts you are not interested in or can't add anything worthwile to. Would maybe more importantly get you more help when you are the poster.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode