Off Roading Forums banner

Wooohoooo.....Another CJ on the road

296 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mike86CJ7 
#1 ·
After 6 months of cursin', sweatin' and bustin' my hump, my Jeep finally moved under it's own power this weekend. Thanks to all who have helped me with my problems and questions (especially that miserable clutch linkage. Went with the AA chain linkage, very happy with that.)

I still have alot of work to do and many more questions to ask, but I am very happy with the way it has performed so far. I had my dad drive it, (I was too nervous /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif ) A few trial runs up and down the driveway confirmed everything seemed to be in order, so he took it on the road. A couple of nice easy runs and then the old man drives to the end of our block, squares it up, and gets on it. I gotta say, I never thought the 258 was that stout! Up through first gear, second, still pulling strong, he hits third gear and the Jeep chirps the tires (33x12.50 BFG AT's)! Imagine that! A 258 that can chirp third! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

With the running gear in order, I'll move on to making it more off-road capable. Suspension lift, lockers, etc are in the works.

I've got video of it too. As soon as I can digitize it, I'll post for all too see.

Thanks for reading, I just had to share my joy and relief that this thing works!

"Don't tread on me."

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.