Off Roading Forums banner

Once a Marine...

426 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  spook2 
#1 ·
Always a Marine! I got this from a bud currently assigned to MAU (somewhere near the current target). Thought Jeepgod, Elusive, InfantryYJ, and others might enjoy it also.

For all our Marine friends,

A Taliban Army Platoon was on patrol when the
commander noticed a lone Marine standing on a hilltop in
their area. The commander told two of his soldiers to go
take out the Marine, so they dropped their packs and promptly
ran as fast as they could toward him.
Just before they got to the top, the Marine ran
over the other side of the hill. The two soldiers followed. For the next few minutes there were bloody screams and dust flying in the air. Then as quick as it had started...it stopped and the Marine came back up on the hilltop. He brushed off his cammies...(uniform)...straightened his cap...crossed his arms...and stood there looking at the Taliban soldiers.

The infuriated commander called for a squad to go get the Marine. They promptly ran as fast as they could toward, him....just before they got to the top...the Marine ran over the other side of the hill.
The squad followed...and for the next few minutes there were bloody screams and dust flying in the air. Then as quick as it had started...it stopped and the Marine came back up on the hilltop....brushed off his cammies...straightened his cap...crossed his arms and again stood there looking at the Taliban soldiers.

The commander was 'really' hot now. He ordered
the rest of his platoon to attack the Marine. Determined that
Taliban soldiers were far superior to one 'lone' Marine...they
had blood in their eyes as they ran up the hill. Just before they
got to the top...the Marine again ran over the other side of the
hill. The blood thirsty soldiers followed. For many minutes
there were horrific screams and dust flying in the air. It continued
and continued for quite a while.

Finally...one 'lone' Taliban soldier came crawling back to the
commander...all bloody and beat about the head and shoulders.
His uniform was torn...cuts were all over his body. The commander
demanded a report. The lone soldier...trying to catch his breath...
replied in a forceful and trembling voice: "Sir,...run,...it's a trick. There are TWO of them!!"

Semper Fi !!

Caver Dave
'72 Commando "Project Mossy"

See less See more
#5 ·
Thats not that funny./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
I thought that was FACT!!!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

The land of the FREE, and the home of the BRAVE.
dirtdog@shortwheelbase.com

#6 ·
My son signed up last April; delayed entry program. He goes to Parris Island this coming Sunday.

Hoorah! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

#9 ·
I'll be headed out to PI 9 December til the 14th. I won't go back until February, March, two ranges in April, June and finally July. Let me know what Platoon he is in and I'll see if I can look him up while I'm there.

I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Semper Jeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.