Off Roading Forums banner

Spoa for my YJ?

417 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I have a 95 YJ Sahara, with a 2.5 inch suspension Superlift that is currently spua. I would like to do a spoa, what components would I exactly need, and were could I get them the cheapest? Would this give enough clearance to run 33's? I can run 31's right now.
Thanks!
Amy

'95 YJ Sahara, 2.5 superlift 31" tires, K&N air
'86 Samurai, little bit of mods
'97 TJ Sport, My Fiance's Jeep, too many mods to list

#2 ·
there is a kit to do this.. i think M.O.R.E. sells it.. dont know anything about it.. as far as what you need.. well.. that depends on what work you can do... grind off your old spring perches.. and reuse them.. or buy new ones.. you will have to do something with the steering.. your biggest concern.. longer driveshafts.. longer brake lines...
fit 33" tires.. yes.. more than likely 35's will fit also.. this brings you into the world of new gears..

http://www.jeepgod.net

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

#3 ·
New brake lines, spring and shock perches, u-bolts and plates, shocks, SYE and CV, longer front driveline, new gears(unless you like big tires and high gears), maybe new steering stuff depending on the route you go, and probably a few more things. Start planning boy!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

#4 ·
[/b]Start planning boy![/b]

Those square headlights must be distorting your vision, better change to some ROUND.

Her name is AMY and get this...SHE'S A GIRL!

(Heh heh heh heh)

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G
#5 ·
There are lots of sites for this upgrade. Each are so different, that you almost have to look at them and pick and choose what you like and what you don't.. here is a good place to start. SOA starts about half way down the page..http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/mods.html

JR
"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime And Wonder If They Have Ever Made A Difference, But The Marines Don't Have That Problem" R. Regan

G
#6 ·
You will need shocks , both driveshafts , steering mods , brake lines preferably stainless steel , 35-38 inch tires , and way more gear . Of course like others mentioned spring perches that need welding and mabe new shackles and bushings .

stock junky Jeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.