Off Roading Forums banner

wheelin tapes

530 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  GP'n 
#1 ·
Anyone here ever try to make and sell good hardcore wheelin tapes?Is there an audience?Could you make money and buy dana 60's and Atlas 2's and maybe an avalanche 3/4 eliptic suspension?

My jeep may be ugly to some.But she's a beauty in my eyes.

G
#4 ·
I've seen one of Rick Russell's videos (Side kick off road). It seemed ok. He sure has a bunch of volumns. But all the jeeps are big dollar macnines, on simple trails. It's not really HARD CORE, or even a beginner's level. Not sure who he's aiming for. But he keeps making the videos, so there must be a market for them.

Again, I've only seen the ONE video, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

78 CJ5

#6 ·
I've seen one of Rick Russell's tapes It's a nice sceenery tape that's about it.Me and my buddy regularly go through some pretty awesome sh#t.But the tape would basicaaly be just two rigs I wonder if it would sell?Would any of you people buy it?I was thinking of going to some local mud bogs and setting up a t.v. and playing the tape.It would be like all the highlites of the past summer.It's kind of expensive if you wanna do it right.But what a way to make a living if you could do it.So If anyone has comment on the subject I would like to hear it.

My jeep may be ugly to some.But she's a beauty in my eyes.

#7 ·
Ed Melendy... or Mr. Ed has what you are looking for. Rhea takes the video and Mr. Ed takes the line, most times right but some times wrong. A lot of the video's are of local guys thrashing around some pretty rough trails but he also has tons of videos of all the great trails from out west here. Craig has the link for ED's home page above.
GP'n

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.