Off Roading Forums banner

Scrambler pics

845 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Alfred 
G
#1 ·
Here are some pics of the Scrambler that I picked up this weekend.

Warmed up Chevy 305, T98 Trans, D300 w/ paddles, one pice rear AMC 20, 4.10 gears, 2 1/2" Black Diamond lift, Full hardtop, Rhino lined interior, Rhino lined under carriage, no rust what-so-ever, rear seat, etc. etc. etc.

I payed too much, but this thing is about show room quality(except for the flat top bushwacker flare, they will have to go/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif). I expect this to be the last SWB Jeep I will buy, unless DC produces a LWB TJ Rubicon Edition.

I am trading the Smittybuilt weld in front cage and/or the MORE front travel shock mounts for a half hard top and bulkhead. Both should need paint. I will find out later this week if this trade is going to go through.

I found a race car fabricator that is going to make a front cage that will fit inside the half hard top. Should only cost @200.

Then I will start saving for a Tera Low, twin stick, rebuild, and HD output shaft for the D300. This will probably take a year or so to complete. Then I will start trying to find a 14 bolt and D60 front to do a spring over with. That is when the fun will start.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ & '88 Grand Waggie

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Yea, those shifter boots have been in the way, but the ones under neath are rotten(the only thing on the jeep that is, even the rubber seals for the door windows are in good shape, better than my old YJ). I was looking for CJ8 when I got the YJ, b/c it was a pretty good deal.

There are several things that I want to change, but only time and $ will dictate now.

I gotta chang my sig. and personal info now.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ & '88 Grand Waggie

#5 ·
Sweet scrambler, welcome to the club, thanks for the inspiration to get mine running, it looks really good although those are some big 'ol rear flares /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. you'll love it, just don't cringe too much the first time you hit a steep incline and the old scambler drags a little tail /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

kerryp

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com

G
#13 ·
Kerry-I used to drag my rear bumper on my old Isuzu all over the place. I called the hitch my plow, cuz I could plant corn after I went up. I'll probably make a good solid rear bumper, but I think that the hitch that is on it will stay(it is tucked pretty far out of the way, I just need to get under it to see if it is braced well).

Bob-I don't know what brand of top it is. I haven't seen a logo, but I haven't looked either. The guy I bought it from has all of the receipts for it, I will pick them up on Fri. when I go and take him the title for my YJ. I'll bet he has it in there.

David-Top Flite now makes a full hard top for CJ8's. I will be keeping this one, but I am looking for a half top to go on as well. That is the main reason that I was able to talk my wife into it, it has a pickup bed. But now I have to find a half hard top(no one makes them, and they are hard to find). I think that I have found one, but the guy is kinda funny, he might back out. I live in southern Alabama, I have to have AC or I will die if the top is on in the summer. But there is plenty of room on top of the other compressor for another one(I think, but I'll figure out something). What I really want is a dual altinator setup.

Neno-I refuse to tell on the grounds of self incrimination(my wife might see/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif). Lets just say that he got what the jeep is worth.

Everyone else-Thanks for the compliments!

Now I have to make a new pic for my sig/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif, I kinda liked the one I had.

Jason

----------------
OIIIIIIIO'81 Scrambler & '88 Grand Waggie
I'm stuck in the '80's!

G
#17 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I am going to try and find one locally. So I don't have to pay shipping and I really want to trade for one, so the wife doesn't kill me/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif.

Jason

----------------
OIIIIIIIO'81 Scrambler & '88 Grand Waggie
I'm stuck in the '80's!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.