Off Roading Forums banner

Squirrel Cage?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
After checking previous posts I still can't deerminr the answer. Is there an updatedsquirrel cage for the CJ that works with the Blazer motor upgrade? I did see a mention of using the YJ heater motor. Is it as powerful as the Blazer? Anyone using the YJ motor? Thanks,

rick

'85 CJ7 in pieces..
Daily driver - 2000 FLSTC

#2 ·
You have to take your original CJ heater motor to the parts store when you get the GM motor. The distance from the mounting face of the blower to the "step" on the shaft where the squirrel cage rests has to be the same or a bit shorter than the original. The GM motors had a very loose tolerance for this dimension as they have a TON of room in their heater boxes. CJ's don't have that luxury.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo

#5 ·
Buyer Beware! Here's what I have for information:

Vendor...............Part #
ACI..................33892
Everco...............M892
Murray...............208971
4 Seasons............35587
Siemens..............PM102E (This is the Maker of the motor)
NAPA.................455-1039
Factory Air..........35587
Kragen...............35587
YJ replacement.......PM102E

Fits, except for a long shaft
NAPA.................455-1076
Shucks...............33892

#6 ·
Yeah, I bought the NAPA 655-1076 not knowing there was a short shaft model. Had to trim the turned in lip of the inside of the heater box to keep cage from rubbing. Looks good. Lasts long time.

Huh?

G
#7 ·
So does anyone have a definite "yes" the new CJ/YJ motor? Is it stronger than the old part? It would eliminate the larger hole but I am cutting new 'glass so the hole is not the issue. Thanks all

'85 CJ7 in pieces..

#9 ·
I did the upgrade this week end (Thanks for all the info guys) I used the NAPA.................455-1039 part ... it even had the rubber plug for the hole in the side :) it's rubbing a little some here but it’s not the front or back?? I can loosen the wheel and move it forward and it doesn’t make any difference? I'm gona look at it more today.

G
#10 ·
Thanks all. I picked up the PM102 Siemens. I'll instsall it later today. The PM105(long shaft)was listed for the '73 Blazer but with this board's help I had the right numbers.

'85 CJ7 in pieces..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.