Off Roading Forums banner

One day, three sightings

528 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I came home this morning to find a HUGE truck parked next to my house (which is currently a construction zone as they are extending a road). Parked nearly in my back yard (5 ft. away) is a 5-ton, 6X6 M-821. It's the construction company's watering truck that they use to water the dirt to keep the dust down. Apparently they removed whatever was on the back of this hoss and slapped on a huge water tank. The truck is still green, and has all the military knobs and switches and instruction "plates" on the dash. Took pics, will try and post when I find someone w/ a scanner.

Then, Jeepchick and I are driving down the road and pass a sweet CJ-6 being trailered by a Dodge. It had a V8 w/headers, D44 rear and military leaves. Granted, it looked like it had just been drug from the bottom of a lake, and at every bump the body was bouncing off the chassis from all the rust, but it was still nice.

Then...driving back from dinner we passed one of those odd-ball special edition TJ thingy's called the "Jcruiser." It was quite fugly, with paint-matching extended flares, forward tilting hood and roof rack.

Type 6-"Woodlands" '82 CJ'7
Type 2-"Occasional 'froader" '96 ZJ

See less See more
#2 ·
Jcruiser, what the heck is that? I guess I've been spending too much time in the garage. Sounds like some cool finds. I was up near Ashland, WI hunting this weekend and spotted a MINT Jeepster, silver with orange steel wheels, towing a small landscaping trailer, and a flattie "fire Jeep" like Mel's in front of the local hardware store. No camera though, so no pic's.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo

G
#4 ·
it's actually called a landcruiser package if I'm not mistaken. It replaces the whole front nose clip of the TJ, and rear wild-looking fenders. I guess it's supposed to look sort of like a hummer, but is a lame attempt, and OE looks a heck of a lot better. Jeep and Hummer don't mix, they should keep them both seperate

"Roads? Where we're going; we don't need...roads"

G
#6 ·
no, thats for the cj's, there's a different one for TJ's, looks horrible, ill try to see if I can find a pic. Okay found a site, it's called a landrunner or Jcrusier, and represents the ugliness of all that is ugly
But I must say the front fenders are pretty cool for someone needing bigger flares or something if they sold them seperately.
http://www.dixietrails.com/jCRUISER.htm

"Roads? Where we're going; we don't need...roads"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.