Off Roading Forums banner

Good way to patch soft top windows??

757 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  m715 
#1 ·
With winter closing in, I decided that I should break out the soft top and install it. UGH!! I've been in denial as long as I can. But now I have to deal with the cuts that somebody put in the rear window. I've had the holes duct taped, but the one hole is right in my view. Does anybody make a patch kit? Can I buy some type of plastic and clear glue? The top and doors are in excellent shape with the exception of these holes. I'd really like to put off buying a new top for another year. Especially, since my top has been in storage since early March.

Any suggestions?

DREW
IN2DEEP 78 CJ5

G
#2 ·
well i dont know of any patch kits but i could help with the holes you should get the strongest clear package tape form home depot or other place and use that. to help it from pealing off cut the ends of the tape round like so it has no corners this will help it form pealing off.

goes balls to the wall 24/7

#4 ·
I once called a place about it and they said it would be sixty-something to replace the back window.
Another place quoted me at 150 or so..so call around.
I never got it done because it really wasn't necessary.
Look under auto upholstery in the phone book and try to find someone that does tops for convertables

78 CJ7
Spring over 33's
4.3L V6, TH350

#5 ·
Clear packing tape is the quickest cheapest fix, but it dosen't last to long, my old man broke his back window and he ended up going to a pool place and getting a pool patch kit. It can with a roll of vinal plastic and some nasty smelling glue, cut to size glue on and if you can sandwhich between some books, patch inside and outside, it has now lasted for 6+ months and is still flexable...

Luke
http://www.cj7jeep.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.