Off Roading Forums banner

Any factory trained jeep techs?

283 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dorfs 
#1 ·
I am thinking about a career change after recently being downsized from my previous employer. How do you find out about getting factory jeep training, all I want to do is work on jeeps so how do I learn to work on something other than my cj?

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Your best bet is to enroll in an auto tech program at your local junior college. Many of them have general programs, some are factory sponsored. Our local college has a very good general program along with a factory sponsored Toyota and GM programs. If you find a school with a quality program (our local one, San Juan College recently received an award as the second best auto program in the nation from the auto dealers assoc.) you will have no problem getting a job anywhere with ASE certs. My stepson graduated from San Juan's general program last spring, he now has an excellent job at the largest Ford dealer in the 4 corners area on their heavy line, doing motors and trannies.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor

and
http://rockgarden.rockcrawler.com

#3 ·
I would say if you wanted to get Chrysler training, get a job at a Dodge/Jeep dealer. They usually offer any class you want to take. Most classes are taken at home on a DVD, with one day at their center for hands on and testing. It used to be a 2 to 3 day class per subject. Not too many classes are offered on CJ's anymore.

#4 ·
I would say if you wanted to get Chrysler training, get a job at a Dodge/Jeep dealer. They usually offer any class you want to take. Most classes are taken at home on a DVD, with one day at their center for hands on and testing. It used to be a 2 to 3 day class per subject. Not too many classes are offered on CJ's anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.