Off Roading Forums banner

help me from Guam please!!!!!

337 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JoeyCJ55 
G
#1 ·
I need some info really bad! I drive a 98 wrangler with a 4 cyl, I want to lift it 4" and run 33" tires. any advise? also i do want to get lockers but dont even know what kind of transfer case my stock model has. ( all you bad a@*#es dont rag on me please) i have fun in the jeep, but gotta get more and stock just dont cut it. help me please.

?????????????

#2 ·
to lift your jeep 4" you are looking at $1000 for a decent lift. Sorry to say it only starts with the lift. You will also need the following:

Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit for transfer case $350
CV Drive Shaft for the rear $300
Drive Shaft work on the Front $100
If running wider than 10.5" tires New Wheel (Approximately 3.5" backspacing) $130(cheapest)
Extended Shocks should be in lift kit
Extended brake lines $100(stainless steel)

With 33s on a 4 cylinder you will most likely have to do some gear changing in the axles to maintain highway performance.

All of these things are just the purchase cost, unless you are doing the work yourself you will have to add in the labor(approx $700) for everthing excluding gears and lockers.

2001 TJ, Far from Stock
83 CJ7 Laredo, Nearly Stock

#3 ·
You can do without the sye and cv shaft if you only do a 2" spacer lift. It's alot cheaper, but you probably won't be able to run 33's. You will definately have to change ring and pinion gears. I have the 2" spacer and am running 30x12.50's, I don't use fifth gear very often, especially with the a/c running. You will need gears just to run 31's.

If your kidneys don't hurt, it's not a real Jeep!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.