Off Roading Forums banner

High Elevation Jetting

645 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  87Warrior 
#1 ·
What Jets should i put in a 4.2l carb that will be used in Gunnison Colorado area (7-13,000ft)?

Exactly were is the "jummper wire" located?

Ready to head to Gunnison

#2 ·
I don't think there are any jet sizes avalable for the bbd. A general rule of thumb is drop one main size. There are other methods of correctiong for altitude. Advance your timing about 4 degrees over stock setting, and lower your float level about 2/23 inch. This will allow your main metering to come in slower. You can also tweek your power valve settings some.

Gunnison is nice. Some of the best hunting in the nation, and close to many a popular trails. Bring a heavy coat, you will need it! It is one of the coldest spots in the winter. They just about always mark the lowest temps.

#3 ·
We head out in Late spring or late summer. Yes awsome veiws. In the middle of october 2 years ago it started snowing.....

I have never rejetted a Car carb before. Any help with getting the right jet numbers? I have a Chiltons repair/tune-up manule.
What is bbd?

What is the stock timming set at? I can find out tomorrow if nobody knows. Will i need to run 91 octane gas up there w/ the advanced timming to eliminate predetenation?

Can somebody explain the "jumper wire" idea to me.....

Headed for Gunnison, soon....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.