Off Roading Forums banner

i wish i had a scanner! lowered willys check this

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  JEEPN 
G
#1 ·
1942 willys, hard top, chopped!! ,lowered suspension from a ford PINTO. v8 powerin the way of 427/th400, custom 17 inch racing wheels black paint, damn downright pathetic!!!i wish i could scan this picture in.. i found it in the latest autotrader. it's a shame to ruin such a nice jeep. i bet it moves though

304/th400/ford 9"s front/back 7"lift 15x10/35's
it will run someday

G
#8 ·
It is something to see. That DC-3 is called DUMBO, with Dumbo's picture on its side. During the International Float Plane fly-ins Max Folsom of Folsom's Flying Service, in Greenville Maine, does fly bys and touch and goes with it. Currently the radials are out of the plane for service {they're an AF&P shop}. The weekend after Labor day is our annual fly-in and it is a great family time. Greenville is also the jumping off town for the logging roads of our northern timberlands. You are also correct Andytron, that it sits on custom made Edo's. Rumor has it they're the largest Edos ever made, but I don't know that to be a fact.
All the best,
ED

G
#10 ·
C-47(DC3)s were produced on floats and used during the war.
oddly enough variations of the DC3 were produced in China and even Mother Russia
nice to see some aviation talk in here now and again BUT lets get back to trackin' down whoever defiled the WILLYS.
when i was in USAF baby pilot training (after i had already been taught to fly real a/c by the ARMY (helicopters), i was in the market for a new project and went to look at a willys overland and was disgusted to see the guy had CUT OUT the front cross member to fit the oilpan of a big v8 in the engine compartment. that still bothers me to this day

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 83 CJ-7 /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif IF YOU AREN'T LIVIN' ON THE EDGE YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM!

Quitcher Whinin' /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G
#11 ·
C-47(DC3)s were produced on floats and used during the war.
oddly enough variations of the DC3 were produced in China and even Mother Russia
nice to see some aviation talk in here now and again BUT lets get back to trackin' down whoever defiled the WILLYS.
when i was in USAF baby pilot training (after i had already been taught to fly real a/c by the ARMY (helicopters), i was in the market for a new project and went to look at a willys overland and was disgusted to see the guy had CUT OUT the front cross member to fit the oilpan of a big v8 in the engine compartment. that still bothers me to this day

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 83 CJ-7 /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif IF YOU AREN'T LIVIN' ON THE EDGE YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM!

Quitcher Whinin' /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

#14 ·
Snuck in there? It's the wife's TJ, we were taking it up to camp when we saw the plane, and just had to get some pictures.

The lake it's on is 40 miles long, so plenty to space to get it in the air.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.