Off Roading Forums banner

not to bad for a 19 year old

350 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
well, i'm 19 years old, in my 2nd year of collage. I live in Minneapolis because of school, but i'm from northeren wisconsin. I bought a 89' jeep wrangler sahra edition last november from a local dealer in my small town who gave me a really good deal on it. Well, since then i broke a connection rod, overhauled the 258 inline six (mostly by myself, trial and error, except for the machining of parts), which runs perfect. upgraded the ignition, had a oversize cam in the engine, went with borla headers and cat-back system. got a 2nd job on weekends to save money for my 4" skyjacker lift that i now have in(and i already worked a 40 hour week for a electritian durring the summer)I've replaced every u-joint, some twice. Front Warn bumper. Built a mount in the trunk for a on board air compressor. Replaced brakes, few seals in front axle. shaddered yoke on rear pumkin, oops, sorry, i'm just a damn kid that likes to tear it up. Converted electric choke to manual, much better in cold weather in northeren wisconsin. i have a few buddies that have jeeps also, so i have some kick ass jeepin pictures from last winter and this summer. I'm currently back in school and working at a lumber store, saving money for 33's and some new rims for my newly put in lift. oh yea, and for longer brake lines it almost takes me 2 weeks to save enough money. But i have patience, and a dad with a good garage and a decent selection of tools that i prety much took over. I would like to thank everybody on the short wheel base BBS for answering my questions that i would be nowhere with those answers. Not to bad for a 19 year old! thanks!

89' jeep wrangler yj, saraha, 4" skyjacker

See less See more
#2 ·
Very cool,
19 years old, and already figuring out what its all about.
Work hard play hard, never take "no" for an answer.
"Get It"

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.

#4 ·
thanks for the reply, i'm from Cumberland, WI, about 45 minutes north of Eau Claire...if i'm ever in the RF area and need help..your the man

89' jeep wrangler yj, saraha, 4" skyjacker

G
#5 ·
Toot Toot! I'd toot your horn, but it sounds like you've already done that /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. Good job, though. I don't think I even had my Jeep yet when I was 19!

Type 6-"Woodlands" '82 CJ'7
Type 2-"Occasional 'froader" '96 ZJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.