Off Roading Forums banner

Jeeps are built so why a Rubicon Edition?

854 views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  elusive 
#1 ·
All this talk of “Rubicon Edition” Wrangler has me a little be worried. There is no doubt that I would love to own a Wrangler with a coil suspension, Dana 44’s, air lockers, V8, and a NV4500. I truly believe that Jeeps are built and not bought. When I look at my 1984 CJ7, which my dad and I built from the frame up, I am filled with joy that I built that. I am sure most of us that take the time to read this board have pride in our Jeeps already but I just wanted to state my opinion. If you can walk on the lot and by a fully equipped Jeep, what fun is that?

Jeeps are built not bought!

G
#2 ·
to tell the truth, im learning alot. with this boards help of course! and am having alot of fun in the process. if i could afford to buy that jeep i dont think i would enjoy it as much and sure wouldnt have the same pride and love for it!!

89 YJ,TR upgrade.

G
#3 ·
I think Jeeps are "built" BECAUSE they don't come that way. If they came the way we wanted them, we wouldn't have to build them! Don't get me wrong though - Jeep CANNOT make the perfect Jeep, as we all have different tastes and needs. Not to mention, there are many out there (like me) who like to tinker just for the sake of tinkering.

BUT...a Rubicon Edition would be sweet (other than the price). Just think of it as a "head start."

Type 6-"Woodlands" '82 CJ'7
Type 2-"Occasional 'froader" '96 ZJ

G
#4 ·
I'd love to be able to buy a brand new jeep with all the trail mods I'd need with a warranty. Are you crazy? I'm not but I also can not afford the price tag on these suckers, I bet it will be near $30,000. I say before it is all said and done then v-8 and Nv4500 will get dropped because the np 231 can not handle them, but I hope the dual dana 44's with selectable lockers is still in the picture.

#5 ·
Don’t get me wrong I would love to own a “Rubicon Edition” Wrangler. I was just saying that there is pride in evolved in building your own Jeep and that I would not have that if I pulled off the lot with a fully loaded TJ. Just my thought.

G
#7 ·
did you see that there is going ot be a wrangler X edition. with a peppier I6!!
the (2002 car buyers magazine) the mag didnt say what else would be better though.

304/th400/ford 9"s front/back 7"lift 15x10/35's
it will run someday

#11 ·
I second canis, busted and YJason. But also I really hope they DON'T build it. Why? Cause' I'd hate to drool that bad over a new vehicle!!!!!!!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

The land of the FREE, and the home of the BRAVE.
dirtdog@shortwheelbase.com

#14 ·
If they really are going to have a Rubicon Edition with all the features I`ve been reading about , I can just imagine what the price will be . Although 20 years from now it will make a great collectors item .

Jeffy

O|||O /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G
#15 ·
i agree i am building one now and yea it would be nice to shell out 30k + for a already built TJ but then if i payed that much i would be afrid to screew it up but for those who buy one it must be nice

goes balls to the wall 24/7

G
#17 ·
BustedRig....

You're wrong about the NP231. All 94-current Dodge Ram 1500 4x4s, powered by 318 and 360 V-8s Have the NP231HD transfer case. The only "HD" item is the chain. Its about 1.5" thick instead of 1". By the way, my Ram has a 360, (245hp, 350lb-ft of torque) and weighs nearly 6000 pounds unloaded. That NP231 has NEVER said anything it wasn't supposed to.....

-Mike

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)

#18 ·
i dont think the jeep would have to be allthat horribly expencive.. my 2000 tj only cost an extra $800 for the d-44, 3.73 gears, canyon rims and bigger tires. seems like the lockers would add about 1600, but i really wouldnt ecpect to see a d-44 in the front.. not ever..

~~Elusive~~
1 ton tj-7 thingy R.I.P. (Rest In Pieces)
Current State...rolled
http://www.jeepgod.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.