Off Roading Forums banner

Jeeps in Movies/TV

3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  fullygruntled 
#1 ·
Okay, I know this is a bit OT, but I couldn't resist. Here are a few movies/TV shows I remember the names of that had Jeeps in them fairly prominently. Any others?

Daisy's jeep in Dukes of Hazzard
John Wayne had a pair of CJ6s in Hatari
John Wayne had a Flattie (2A?) and a CJ5 (maybe a M38) in Donovan's Reef.
The jeeps in Rat Patrol
The jeeps in Kelly's Heros (love the Ma Duece in the back of the one!)

All of a sudden I'm drawing a blank. Any other good "jeep" movies?

"If it ain't broke, try harder!"
or
"If at first you don't succeed, change the rules!"

#5 ·
"Coal Miner's Daughter" has Tommy Lee Jones tooling around in a red CJ 3A (might be a CJ2... don't recall the windshield offhand) and later in a pretty schweet late CJ5 (with a winch and everything).

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you

#6 ·
There is a movie, Raw Deal, i think thats the name of it where Arnold Schwarzenegger is driving a CJ-7.
In Spies Like Us Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd stole the CJ-7 from the KGB agents.

97 TJ 4" Superlift, 33x9.5 BFG
79 CJ-5 with some stuff, waitin for more stuff

G
#7 ·
I have seen Chuck Norris driving out west in a CJ7 cannot remember the movie, anyone? Smokey and the Bandit had a few jeeps in it at the part where the locals round up all their cars to help out the bandit. I know of others but my mind draws a blank.

1985 CJ7, 258 6, 77k, T-176 4spd, Dana 300, 1" body lift, 31's

#13 ·
Patton was filmed on location in Spain. The Jeeps belonged to the Spanish Army. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

What about Roy Rogers??? Didn't Gabby Hayes have a cantankerous CJ2A named Nellie Belle????? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

#14 ·
Anyone ever see that movie " From Dawn Til Dusk" ? I seem to remember a kick ass Jeep in that with dual winches that they used to drag the Vampires out into the daylight . Anyone here see it ?

Jeff

O|||O /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

#16 ·
Diehard MacGyver fans will remember that in the first episode or 2 Mac actually had a CJ!! He even used the winch on the YJ in an episode. In one episode he rolls it down a hill, and spends a week or so in a Pennsylvania Dutch-type town trying to fix it.

Great show.

Pete

"Don't fall into the traps laid by society" -- Henry Lee Summer.

#18 ·
I remember seeing a CJ in the tv series Falcon Crest. Was driven by a blond guy, can't remember his name. I was only watching it because of the CJ, honestly :))) Can anybody else verify this or am I mistaken?

Hooch

'83 CJ-7 in Land Rover Country

#22 ·
Funny I can remember the jeeps but not the names of all the movies.
Robert Downey JR was driveing in a CJ8 in the begining of some movie .He was selling wepons in south america I think
there was one run off the side of a mountain in the beginning that Asteroid type movie out around the same time as Armageddon
Point Break had on in it after they Parachutted into the desert.
and Kevin Bacon wasn't in any of them LOL

Ray
Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
why does everyone ask if I am gonna paint it ?

#23 ·
Wow! Jeeps sure are popular in the movies! I also remember a jeep that was used in the opening credits of a short lived 80s TV show called "Maximum Exposure" or "Double Exposure" or something like that. I just remember the show was about some guy who went around kicking but and that the theme song was "Holding out for a hero". The opening had a great scene of him driving this jeep through a mortar barrage.

"If it ain't broke, try harder!"
or
"If at first you don't succeed, change the rules!"

#24 ·
There was a YJ that they rolled into a swamp in "Wild Things". It was kinda upstaged by the girls in the movie however! Honestly the only reason I ever watched the movie is because it is my girlfriends favorite. After seeing it I discovered other reason to watch!

My girlfriend said if I spent one more dime on my Jeep she would leave. Man I'm going to miss her!

#26 ·
Believe it or not, I remember that series... although I don't recall the exact title. The show was cancelled because the guy who played the lead (John Eric Hexam, IIRC) thought it'd be funny to shoot himself in the head with a blank.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.