Off Roading Forums banner

fiberglass tilt font ends. love em or hate em..

973 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bob Ackley 
#1 ·
thinkin about going with a fiberglass tilt front on my yj. anyone know if they even make them. good.. bad.. or ugly? any thoughts? anybody got a used one they don't want?

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

#3 ·
You can get around the winch problem my mounting a 2" reciever through the bumper and using one of the warn winches that go in a reciever hitch. Just take it off when you don't need it.

"If it ain't broke, try harder!"
or
"If at first you don't succeed, change the rules!"

G
#4 ·
I've also seen another way around the winch issue. I've seen a one piece front clip that tilts back towards the windshield like a normal hood. I'm not sure who carries it, but I know it can be done.

G-Man
If you don't like the way I'm living, you can just leave this long-haired country boy alone.

G
#5 ·
I seen hoods that are the same but mounted different to make them open ether way, tilt forward or back as for the mounting i think just by mounting your front bumper all i did is make the brackets so you can tilt the bumper forward just by pulling the top pin out and the winch you can do the same. As for the looks i think it looks awesome.

#6 ·
I have a tilt back style on my CJ....LOVE IT!!!

just sit on the tire and work on anything in the engine compartment

bought the thing with the glass body, so I'm not sure who made it...but I think I've seen it in the Four Wheel Drive Hardware catalog

Good Luck!

jimbo

'74 CJ5,232 I6,T15,Dana 30&44

#7 ·
I know blakers just put a yj one piece front end on his YJ. He was telling me that he had a bracket figured out that would lift the one piece over a winch. But haven't talked with him since to see if he actually did it yet or not.

85 CJ7, 258 Nuttered, some rust with $100 paint job
Lots of stuff to do, no money to do it

#8 ·
I considered a 1 piece front end when rebuilding my CJ, they are about the same cost as the 3 piece front end. The added bonus of easy engine access is probably the biggest plus.
However, I would much rather replace a $115 FG fender if(when) I hit something, than deal with repairing a 1 piece front end. My Jeep has to look nice as well as perform!
Bob

Bob in Ma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.