Off Roading Forums banner

Weird Color

448 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Okay, here's one of the stranger questions you'll see, but any help would be appreciated...
I've had my 95 Wrangler for about 2 years now, and loved every minute of it. Only problem is, I still don't know what color it is. No, I'm not colorblind or anything like that. It's kind of a red/orange/pinkish color. At first I thought it was just a faded red, but the interior is the same--even under the carpet. I can't post a pic yet until I get my damned scanner to work, but maybe someone with a 94 or 95 out there could help me out???
I wish I could give you all back the last 10 seconds of your life that you just spent reading this, but I just can't take the ridicule from my buddies any more. So far I've come up with Light Red, Salmon, Melon, and Mango. Any ideas???

G
#2 ·
If I remember correctly, wasn't there some sort of "Santa Fe" edition when southwestern style was all the rage. I seem to recall seeing some terra cotta/adobe colored YJ's with "Santa Fe" or "Santa Fe Edition" stickers on them.

September 11, 2001- We will not forget! We will not forgive!

#6 ·
You can see the original color of your jeep?????

Mine's got so much mud, tree marks (and right now snow!) and such on top of the paint, I'm not sure what the original color was....I think it was powder blue......

Actually, the either the VIN or the little sticker inside the door should give you a paint code. Least they do on other rigs I've had. Not sure on newer jeeps as my old CJ has a shorter vin, and very little of the original tags/stickers anywhere else.

"If it ain't broke, try harder!"
or
"If at first you don't succeed, change the rules!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.