Off Roading Forums banner

Exhaust exit between frame and body???

440 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jeepgod 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

Well, I ripped off the exhaust this past weekend on the trail. Now I'm looking to improve it.

I have a little bit of a gap in the back between the frame and body due to my 1.25" body lift. Has anyone fabbbed up an exhaust exit around the rear of the tub anywhere to get it higher so it's not so close to the ground? I've seen some guys have it come out the fender well, and that is an option too.

I'm thinking of trimming a bit of the lip on the bottom of the body to fit the exit between the frame and tub.

Pics or ideas would be helpful. I'm looking at maybe flex tubing out the muffler and routing it somewhere.

Thanks!
Pete

"Don't fall into the traps laid by society" -- Henry Lee Summer.

#2 ·
well pete.. i ran my dual exhaust straight down along the inside of the frame.. glass packs.. and right before the gas tank i put about a 45 degree bend in them.. and it exits out the rear corners at that angle.. by way of under the frame.. and above the leaf spring..
i love it.. no fumes.. and hasnt been in the way yet..

http://www.jeepgod.net

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.