Off Roading Forums banner

Scrap Vehicles (updated Pics)

718 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  H8monday 
#1 ·
I have removed a few parts but was wondering if there is any thing else that would work for future mods. I am scraping a 86 jimmy and a 88 cutlass calais. Both fuelies. THX

Ride 'N' High

#2 ·
Re: Scrap Vehicles

If anything, set them up in the backyard and jump them like a monster truck!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Or atleast check out your articulation on their front hoods/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

#3 ·

There are no such thing as scrap vehicles, they must all be restored and preserved as some would have you think(see the "I hate it when Hollywood does this" post). Hahaha, just kidding.
Usually you will remember some potentialy critical piece of gear, you left on the rig, right about the time the tail lights of the wrecker have turned the corner.
I would say keep anything that is a bracket, its amazing how usefull and easy other brackets can be used and modified for new applications. Also keep as much of the wiring harness and connctors and you can remove and store, they are very usefull for future modifications, to match existing automotive wire colors for splices, and also to have multitudes of extra weatherproof automotive connectors for future additions and modifications.
SAE bolts of all sizes are very nice to have stock piled.

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.

G
#7 ·

disc brake parts, backing plates and that sort of thing. parking brake pedals can be handy. Brake line splitters are also nice to have.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces! Except for one!!

G
#8 ·

Parking brake cables come in handy for emergency repairs, tilt columns, odds and ends of switches and dome lights come in handy. Made a cheap test light in an emergency once out of a dash light. Any little fittings, clamps, windshield squirter nozzles, etc., etc. Nickmil

#13 ·

Come awn, another olds could drive that far up onto an olds.
Loose the bricks that were used to ramp up to the headlights and realy drive up onto that thing, with an effort worthy of a Jeep.
Your neighbors gotta love you.
I have also seen the 88 Olds grills go for anywhere from $900-$1400, I dont even know what they would get for a full front clip,..very rare!

Jeff
89 YJ
Adversity is imminent, versatility is mandatory, misery is optional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.