Off Roading Forums banner

How much lift for 35s-38s?

905 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Spike5421 
G
#1 ·
I'm going to build a CJ-7, Wrangler hybrid (CJ front clip, Wrangler tub and frame). It's going to have J-20 axles with spring under and Revolvers. I am considering 35's - 38's but what I am wondering is how much lift do I need? I would like to keep as low a center-of-gravity as possible. Triming the fenders is fine if I have to. I am wondering if a 4" spring and 3" body lift are enough to clear 38's with fender triming.

'90 XJ - stock

'78 CJ-7
401\TH400\Dana 20
Revolvers, 3" Body lift, 4" Springs, 33's
'92 Wrangler roll bar
M.O.R.E. front cage kit

#2 ·
I no its not SUA, but I am building my CJ7 with about 6.5" total (SOA w/1" additional from SRS kit) lift to clear my 35's with the fenders trimmed front and radiused rear. The same combo worked fine on my CJ5. So 4" springs SUA, 2" body lift and fender trimming should be fine for 35's. 38's would be close, but if you did bumpstops correctly, you could keep the tires from eating the fenders under a lot of flex, or do the 3" body lift.

pbm
There is a difference between being Educated and Intelligent!

G
#3 ·
If you do a spring over with 2 1/2 to 3 inch lift springs you should be able to clear 38's fine with minor fender trimming if any.

'82,CJ7,D44'S,ARB'S,BDS SUSP.,FULL CAGE,4.0 HO,NV4500,DANA300 TWINSTICK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.