Off Roading Forums banner

Other vehicles with 5 on 5 1/2 bolt wheels?

12K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JEEPN 
#1 ·
I know that Ford trucks thru 1996(or so) had 5 on 5 1/2 wheels like CJs, but that's all I know about. I'm trying to find an old set of slotted aluminum mags like the early 1970's CJ Renegades, but I need them in 15x8, not 15x7 like the early Jeeps. Ford had them in 15x6, so I'm thinking maybe another vehicle had them with the right bolt pattern.. anybody know other vehicles with 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern wheels?

86 CJ-7/360/Ford T-18/D300/D44/D30/fullcage

G
#3 ·
I really can't give you a direct answer but if you call a junk yard they can tell you what vehicle's would have interchangeable wheels.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.

G
#5 ·
Just remember that there's more to match than just the bolt pattern. For instance, both my 95 F150 4x4 and my 77 CJ5 both have 5 on 5.5" wheels...but the hole in the center for the hub is significantly larger on the CJ, to clear the hubs. You could have the wheels for an F150 machined out to clear, but this will cost $$$, and weaken the wheels. Dodges have an even smaller hole in the center.

I Jeep, therefore I am.

#6 ·
Scout rims will fit as well. However, some rims may have the same bolt pattern but not fit. The Samurai comes to mind, they won't clear the jeeps disc brakes in the front, so they won't work, even though they have the same bolt pattern.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

#8 ·
Yes, the earlier CJ rims that were designed for drum brakes typically will not clear the disc calipers.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.