Off Roading Forums banner

friend in a jam need a T15 borg-warner 3spd Trans.

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  FullTilt 
#1 ·
I am looking for a T15 Borg-Warner 3spd transmition for a friend of mine who has a 79 CJ5. He killed his climbing a 9’ wall in a ditch that was 20’ deep. We were out with a Toyota pick up that had made it up everything we tried all day long accept for this. Jim just had to show him jeeps were better. Well he did, he made it up the wall, but on the way home the it locked up on him and sent him sliding down the road about 40’. I was behind him. Everyone is ok accept for the transmition, he is dead. SO I need to find him another one. If you can help please let me know,
Thanks in advance,
F_T

"Rip it till it breaks, then build it back stronger"

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, ROCKCRAWLER T-Case w/ 'H' pattern 2WD LOW mod
Two nice dents from rolling(adds character)

#3 ·
I sent you an email.

Are a T150 and a T15 the same, will they bolt up interchangeably?

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, ROCKCRAWLER T-Case w/ 'H' pattern 2WD LOW mod

#4 ·
Are you still there FarmJeep?

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, ROCKCRAWLER T-Case w/ 'H' pattern 2WD LOW

G
#5 ·
Are you sure that it's a T15 and not a T150? The last year that Jeep used the T15 in a Cj was 1975. They started using the T150 in '76 and it went through '79. And no, they are not the same. The T15 has a bolt pattern that no other Jeep transmission used. The input shaft is also longer on the T15 than the T150.

'75 CJ5 with goodies

#7 ·
If it's stock, it's a T-150 as the T-15 was not offered in '79.

They are basically the same, but Snowtow is right, they are different and not easily interchanged. I have a few of them, but shipping would cost more than the tranny.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

#8 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I will talk to him and find out what he needs for sure and get back with you.
Thanks again,
F_T

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, ROCKCRAWLER T-Case w/ 'H' pattern 2WD LOW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.