best dana 44 donar for a 93yj - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

best dana 44 donar for a 93yj

I would like to replace my dana 30 and 35 with a pair of 44s. What would be the best donar (least mods needed) to get this job done? Someone must have compiled a list.

In case you wanted to know, I have a 93YJ 4.0Liter with a 2.5 inch lift with 31 inch tires, 5 speed manual and yes I have anti lock brakes.

Thanks, Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: best dana 44 donar for a 93yj

You need to look at a later model Grand Waggy. One of the last ones in production. They had Dana 44's front and rear with the front chunk on the driver's side and the rear centered. They have 6 -lugs so you'll need new rims, but hey that's no big deal! You'll need to move the spring perches just slightly like about 1/2 inch I think, I cann't remember right now. A friend of mine was going to do a S.O.A with these on his 91 but he sold it instead :-( Good luck. This has got to be the easiest and best axle swap in my opinion for the Wranglers unless you want HARDCORE, then your talking 1-tons.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode