Off Roading Forums banner

best dana 44 donar for a 93yj

434 views 1 reply 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I would like to replace my dana 30 and 35 with a pair of 44s. What would be the best donar (least mods needed) to get this job done? Someone must have compiled a list.

In case you wanted to know, I have a 93YJ 4.0Liter with a 2.5 inch lift with 31 inch tires, 5 speed manual and yes I have anti lock brakes.

Thanks, Steve

G
#2 ·
You need to look at a later model Grand Waggy. One of the last ones in production. They had Dana 44's front and rear with the front chunk on the driver's side and the rear centered. They have 6 -lugs so you'll need new rims, but hey that's no big deal! You'll need to move the spring perches just slightly like about 1/2 inch I think, I cann't remember right now. A friend of mine was going to do a S.O.A with these on his 91 but he sold it instead :-( Good luck. This has got to be the easiest and best axle swap in my opinion for the Wranglers unless you want HARDCORE, then your talking 1-tons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.