Off Roading Forums banner

full door windows

278 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LEVE 
#1 ·
How do you align a hard door window? Mine goes up about 90% leaving an annoying gap and I removed the panel and didnt see where to adjust the gears. Has anybody else had and fixed this problem?

Thanks

1977 CJ-7
258/3speed
2.5"lift
and lots of duct tape
<><

#2 ·
There is very little alingment on a Hard Door window. Take off the front track and examine it to see if the spot welds on the bottom rail are breaking, I'd almost bet they were. Examine the complete trac's fiber in the slide. If it's worn that could be the reason for the bind. Examine fiber in the rear track as well. Then look at the crank mechnaics and see if it works smoothly. You may have to repalce some of the plastic washers on the crank to window assembly. I'd suspect the bottom piece where the window sits is not cranking up level causing the bind. Look for warpage/bends in the tracks. Watch the window roll up and where the bind occurs... often in one of the three parts of the window mechanics, the front and rear tracks and the crank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.