Off Roading Forums banner

Steering prob

295 views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  Mudman 
G
#1 ·
Maybe you guys can help me. On my way home today after taking a sharp right turn, my wheels didnt want to straight; what I mean is that it was pulling very bad to the right when I straightened back out. First I thought I must have picked something up and it was causing me to drag so I got out and looked, nothing. Then as I was driving, still pulling to the right, it then shifted to the left pulling. What could be going on? My buddy and I have been going over it for awhile now and can't find anything, even had him drive it towards me while I looked to see if I could see anything amiss.

if its clean, I aint having fun!

#2 ·
maybe something has come loose...

with engine off and steering unlocked, rotate the steering wheel back & forth (about 1/2 turns each way) while your buddy looks over the steering box, pitman arm, drag link, tie rod, ball joints, etc for movement.
everything should move together.

maybe raise the front wheels and push/pull on all steering parts. check if the box is binding.

got fluid?

wheels on tight?

shackle, main eye, axle u-bolts ...?

ramble ramble just somw quick thoughts to check.

G
#4 ·
i had a similar situation on a blazer or 2.
kinda scary.
it was tellin me to hurry up and replace the
ball joints.....

the best way to determine the boundaries
is to venture past them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.