Off Roading Forums banner

Who Sells a Short Input Shaft besides Hicks?

468 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
I am installing an AMC 360 into my 84 CJ 7. I am using at T 18 transmission out of a J10 pickup, there for I need a shorter input shaft. Hicks off-road is the only place that I have herd of people using but I can't get in touch with them. If any of you could help me out I would appreciate it.

#2 ·
I got mine from a dude on the pirate BBS named JeepmanEd I think.
he did me RIGHT

$43 bucks bought and shipped a perfect condition Ford T18 input shaft/retainer AND the conversion pilot bushing from Oregon to Arkansas.

Might give him a try, I cant promise it will be that cheap, but he did me right.

OR
You can buy a complete Ford T18 tranny for oretty cheapo and have lots of spare parts.

I can get one here for $100, off the toip of my head, cheaper if I was to search a little.

OzarkJeep

I love the U.S.A.

G
#3 ·
I have not done so but some have used ford input shafts. they are suposidly interchangable with jeep wide ratios. You will however need a need cluch disk as ford uses 1 1/16" by 10 spline while jeep t-18's used 1 1/8" by 10 spline.

bandhmo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.