Off Roading Forums banner

Forsale - TH400 Amc housing

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Junkfood 
G
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a Th400 housing which I think came out of a Jeep truck or something. It has an adapter which bolts between the housing and the block and for the torgue converter. I need to get rid of it.. The case itself had a crack on the inside of the bell housing but it looks like it was pro. welded.

As I said, I need to make room so if anybody is interested, I would take $50 if you pick it up. Thanks.

84CJ7 SOA,35's,OnboardAir,Dual winches,Full Cage,Snorkels, and more
OverMost 4WD Club
JerseyWheelers Club

#6 ·
So you have the housing (any guts or is it stripped?), the adapter ring from BOP pattern to AMC, and the adapter for the end of the crank (about 1" thick w/ centering shoulder on the back)?
I'll pass it along to a fellow Jeeper and see what he says.

Caver Dave
'72 Commando "Project Mossy"

G
#7 ·
The housing is completely empty. There is nothing inside. The trans was fine an I had everything switched over to a Chevy Th400 housing so I could put it in my jeep. The adapter you are explaining is what what I have. Now, I know there are two different BOP patterns. I first tried to find an adapter to the chevy but was unable to match up the BOP pattern that i have. Just keep that in mind.

84CJ7 SOA,35's,OnboardAir,Dual winches,Full Cage,Snorkels, and more
OverMost 4WD Club
JerseyWheelers Club

#12 ·
Mel85CJ..I think I have a couple th400/d20 adapters sitting out in the shop. Really don't know what there worth so email me if your interested.

Keith

C-Ya.....................kh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.