Off Roading Forums banner

Vaccum Actuator.....

360 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  kutyafal 
G
#1 ·
Is there a way to replace the vaccum actuator on the front axle of yj's with a manual device? Like a manual cable or something? The one I got doesn't work, and I haven't checked on them yet but I'm guessin' it won't be cheap, not to mention it will probably just fail again when i need it most..

G
#2 ·
Its called the "rock lock". I forget who sells them but its a cable setup that mounts under your dash and you just pull the lever and lock it into 4wd. I am sure somebody here will know more. a few of my buddies have them. They seam to work much better than the stock setup.

84CJ7 SOA,35's,OnboardAir,Dual winches,Full Cage,Snorkels, and more
OverMost 4WD Club
JerseyWheelers Club

#3 ·
It's called "make your own". Love your vac disco, it'll love you back! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Actually, the vac motor is around $30 from part stores. But if you have to have a manual just use some choke cable or similar, take the vac canister apart, remove rubber diaphram, drill and tap motor shaft, drill outside vac canister for cable housing. Attach inner cable to motor shaft, assamble canister then attach outer cable hosing to outside canister. Route cable and yank-push to operate. Really pretty simple once you take a look at it. Or pay $200 for a Rock-Lock. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

'91 YJ w/stuff, http://members.home.net/t.molnar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.