Off Roading Forums banner

Miss my Jeep! But it's worth it

1K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Miss my Jeep! But it\'s worth it

Hello all....I'm 10,000 miles from my jeep and damn do I miss her. She's sitting outside in the cold with no top on and no one to drive her. But I'm here in the warm weather loading bombs and we're blowin sh!t up for you guys. It's a great job despite the lack of jeep! Keep your flags up...
pierced

It's hip to be square

G
#4 ·
Re: Miss my Jeep! But it\'s worth it

Pierced, there has got to be someone on the board that could go and throw a tarp over that poor little Jeep sitting out in the cold. If it is in Southern Idaho anywhere close to Burley or Twin Falls, I would go and do it for you next time I am up that way. Thanks for defending our freedom/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif! Come to think of it, I would even go and drive it for you, I promise that I won't scratch it too bad/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces! Except for one!!

G
#6 ·

yeah we should have one that say's :

to: taliban

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
vortec350/4L80E/d300/d60fr/14br/detroits/4.56/38's

G
#11 ·

Glad Your having fun! Nothing like letting loose blowin [censored] up every now and then, but is it for us, and the preservation of our freedom?
Or to serve the agenda of a world dominant government? Or is it simply a vindictive response in retaliation?
Just food for thought.

Hope your Jeep comes through it all in good shape.

Best wishes, and stay safe.

'85 Scrambler under construction
5.7L Vortec, NV4500, and god knows what.

G
#12 ·

Thanks for being there and defending our country. You're out of Mountain Home AFB aren't you? Hell, I'll tarp your Jeep for you man! I'm only 40 minutes west of there (Meridian). Heck, if I had room, I'd store it in a nice warm shop for you (No shop yet /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif). Our prayers are with you guys.. Bret

Don't ever forget 9-11-01 /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

G
#13 ·

PsychoJeeper whats up with "Or to serve the agenda of a world dominate goverment?" If we don't dominate who would you rather have dominate China?
"Or is it simply a vindictive respose in retaliation?"What up with that? They made the first move now they must suffer for it.As a matter of fact we waited far to long to respond we should have done it back when they attacked out embassey's over seas.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.

#14 ·

psycojeeper - What the???

The events of Sept 11 were a full assault on freedom of all people - everywhere. The perpetrators are dead, died in the crashes… they will receive their punishment. I do not know who masterminded the plan - it is not my place to know. However, I do believe that those responsible *need* to be found and brought to justice. Freedom can not continue in U.S. or anywhere if not.

Recognize this? -
"We the people..." "...establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense..." "...secure the blessings of liberty..."

It is our duty as American People to uphold and defend the ideals our country was founded upon - *always* and *everywhere*. At times that defense is ugly and costly. I do not know everything that has happened leading up to and as result of Sept 11 events but to my knowledge and IMHO, the actions of our government are not the actions of a domineering bully seeking revenge.

Lines were crossed. The unthinkable was thought and carried out. Let us not play lawyer and split hairs of every detail regarding crime and punishment…. not over analyze and second guess motives. If we did that it would be too easy to paint every rapist serving time in prison as a victim of a vengeful government.

I trust George Bush as the leader of our country and as the Commander-in-chief of our armed forces. I applaud him for making prayer the first order of business followed by planning then action. I respect and support the armed forces members who are charged with the dirty work of defending my freedom so I can worship, play with my kids, hug my wife, fix my house and tinker with my Jeep ...or not... as I choose to - in safety and peace.

#15 ·

Psycho, let's go down the list, shall we?
They initiated this. They struck out at us with an unprecedented amount of casualties here. Innocents no less. I'm curious, Psycho, do you support the fact that we entered WWII as a result of Pearl Harbor? Those who died there were in the armed services, and at least in some form knew that would make them a target. Not to trivialize that since it's certainly not trivial, but to prove my point, those people in the towers and the Pentagon were going about their lives, not provoking anybody. If the terrorists had a beef with something we'd done, there are plenty of ways they could try to talk to us diplomatically, we'd at least have the decency to listen to them. Now there's no way in hell I'd ever consider dealing with these people in any manner other than destroying them. I don't care about the root cause of their issue. I don't care to hear from anybody how much of an evil empire the US is. I care that the radicals who did this get neutralized in order to protect ourselves.

These people are tought almost from birth that the US is evil and they'll go to heaven if they kill Americans. How do you reason with that? Do you just turn the other cheek? We've tried that before. Didn't work, now we're out of cheeks we can turn towards them. The US seems to always be the first on the scene of natural disasters anywhere, the first to help police up an area, the first to donate food and medicine to various people around the world who need it. So I don't see how that makes US the problem.

They're willing to kill themselves to try and kill others. This is wholly unacceptable. If they want to die anyway, we should help them out with it, especially before they can try taking anybody with them. I cannot see how the anti-war crowd and professors, etc can possibly think these people can be reasoned with... They refuse to come out and fight, which I'd prefer over this cowardly suicide bombing and mailing diseases and bacteria... At least that way you'd have half a chance to protect yourself against it... I'd rather we wouldn't have to kill all of these so-called people (more like animals), however there aren't a whole lot of choices left, now are there?

To the military members here: Keep up the good work, you're makin' us all proud!

Tim "Sandman"

#16 ·

PsychoJeeper-

Maybe you're "having fun" but I don't think anyone else who has any idea at all as to what is going on in the world arena now is. Here's some more food for thought.

If the deaths of your countrymen, from terrorist attack with any means available, be it biological or hijacking, is not cause to take up the defense of "preservation of freedom" what is? If our actions now are not for "us" who do you think they're for? I have no problem with religious or ideological differences, as someone's sig line on this board states, "I may not like what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." There is a distinction to be recognized here and it is not a subtle one. Norman Schwarzkopf said it best in an interview I heard just after the WTC attack. He was speaking about how we have placed our people in harms way around the world but in particular in the Gulf war. How we put our troops at increased risk to avoid or minimize the loss of life of innocent civilians but "these bastards targeted civilians and that is the difference between them and us." Maybe some people see this as an insignificant difference but I don't.

Our government is not perfect, and we leave much to be desired, yet no other form of government, or country, has done as much for itself and the world as the US. Bar none, in assistance, healthcare, feeding people, defending our allies, advancing the causes of civilization and humanity we are the lead dog. Who else would you have take on this role? Nobody, no other country has been able to assume this responsibility for the world community. Thank God it is us. If the loss of over 5000 lives is not reason enough to stir a sense of duty to country, and to what it is to be American, what is? 50,000 or 5,000,000?

Yeah, we're the biggest kid on the block and some people might think that's unfair. But we've turned away from fights before, we've tried to show restraint, to avoid looking like we take unfair advantage. But if some bully picks a fight with the toughest kid on the block and gets stomped, the tough kid doesn't have to apologize or feel ashamed about it. We all have a right to our individual opinions, if someone chooses to see this as "vindictive" so be it. Don't expect me, or anybody else to believe the same.

Yeah, I'm bleeding red, white and blue and I'm not apologizing for it either. I guess I've had some stuff rattling around inside me and you just shook it loose. I don't intend for this to be an attack on anybody, but I've heard people say a lot of things about what is going on and why. If now is not the time to stand up and defend our way of life, if now is not the time to feel patriotism to our country, if now is not the time to remember and act on the behalf of our fallen countrymen, when?

Jeff

Prepare for war, pray for peace.

#19 ·

I've still got 6 of those SWB stickers Jay Anger made up. I didn't want to put them on the body before I hacked it all up... I'll gladly send a couple stickers (and hell, my digital camera too, but you'll have to send it back before I can get the pics out of it's internal memory)

'89 Comanche, '89 Wrangler, '74 Postal

G
#21 ·

hey pierced, i also want to thank you for defending this WONDERFUL COUNTRY!!! you really should get one of the swb bbs stickers for a bomb ot two. that would be very cool! and to psycho jeeper, if you dont like it here you could always move to say, afghanistan.

89 YJ,TR upgrade.

#23 ·

I can see why they'd be pissed.

It should be up to your discrestion really.
I suppose though that if "Hijack this ****!" ended up on CNN, the entire gay community would be kinda pissed off.

I don't see why anyone would mind a SWB sticker though.

#24 ·

We are keeping the flags flying high pierced! You guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work. We will pray for your safe return. Kick a$$ and hurry home, sounds like your baby needs you. Thanks from all of us in the U.S.!!!

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is sick of her crap!

G
#25 ·

Good luck to you over there, bub, stay safe...

As for all of you who seem to beleive that the United States is the big innocent victim in this entire escapade I've got some great property here in Colorado for sale with beautiful ocean views... Shall we start 30 years ago? Anyone know that Afghanistan used to be a major exporter of fuits and veggies? No... That's because we funded a little war in Afghanistan to keep the Russians from seizing control of some very key northern real estate. Unfortunately the way we funded it was by turning 75% of the southern Afghanistan farming regions into poppy fields so they could make heroin (basic economic principle of supply & demand... "drugs sell") We took our best soldiers, and trained their people in covert operations, taught them to fight dirty and how to build bombs, taught them how to take the war to the people, and taught them that when they wage war it is with God behind them. Then when they were finished fighting the Russians did we bother funding schools, agriculture, or anything even remotely associated with civilized society?

No... we left these rabid dogs in the desert. Then we have the balls to come in and lay down military and econimic protection in the late 70's/early 80's for Israel because they are "fighting against terrorism." The problem is they weren't fighting terrorism, they were fighting the soldiers left behind from Afghanistan that we trained, so it became a vicious circle because we were using Israel to clean up our light-work. What else can a soldier do when they're done fighting? Now the Muslims begin to view this as a religious war because America, the great Satan that allows sin to run rampant everywhere, is defending these people that attack them. We can't settle our own religious differences, so what business do we have trying to make peace on the West Bank of Jerusalem? This only adds more tension to a 3,000 year old religious conlict between the Jews and Muslims, and so now where are we?

In 1994 George Sr. decided one way to improve the economy was to free up the chincy oil flow and barter with the Sauidi's for cheaper oil. Well, tribal roots go back way farther than borders in the Middle East and Saudi Arabia really pissed off the elders by providing the US a break in oil prices. So who do the "elders" turn to to try to gain control of this land before "******" moves in? Sadham Hussein... Anyone know why the Iraqi's were just able to surrender and slink back across the border, torching as many oil wells as possibly on the way out? Guess who still protects Saudi Arabia so our 10 MILLION barrels of oil we use EACH DAY stay cheap during another war in the Middle East? Terrorists struck the World Trade Center in 1995, and we did nothing, bombings continued overseas on a United States embassy, and a destroyer in the Gulf and we did nothing. Why wouldn't we retaliate more severly for such attrocities? Maybe because we provoked them...

Now it's George Jr.'s turn to fix the economy, and like father like son, he started a war. Too bad that Bin Laden trumped our hand and threw the one-eyed Joker... but this time we will retaliate because we have been sticken not just physically, but emotionally and mentally... now we will strike against those who have made us insecure in the land of freedom, too insecure to keep buying stock and retail products like we did the last time we had a war, too insecure to dig the economy out of a rut with some media induced consumer confidence.

Now were scared because war isn't something on TV anymore... now war is something that can touch us.

What happened on September 11th was a horrible tragedy, and I feel for those who have had to suffer at the hands of a few evil people. But remember that one person's terrorist is another man's hero. There are reasons for what happened and this country's politicians are solely to blame. Cause and effect....

Josh
1968 Halfcab - SOA, Twisters, 35's, D44's(4.27), T-18, D20, P/S, Pro-Jection!

#26 ·

Hey psycho, it's "men" like Pierced that ALLOW you to say that stupid [censored] because you're FREE!!!!!!!!

Pierced, Thank you thank you thank you. Keep you head down and put one on 'em from all of us!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.