Miss my Jeep! But it's worth it - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Miss my Jeep! But it\'s worth it

hey pierced, i also want to thank you for defending this WONDERFUL COUNTRY!!! you really should get one of the swb bbs stickers for a bomb ot two. that would be very cool! and to psycho jeeper, if you dont like it here you could always move to say, afghanistan.

89 YJ,TR upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 10:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, Guys!

Can someone scan a 'SWB BBS" stickers and email it to [email protected], I'll print it and put it on a GBU-10 or maybe a JDAM while it's suspended from an F/A-18. My AOs are being real anal about messages on munitions but I'll get it done.

My other vehicle is an Aircraft Carrier.
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #23 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 12:43 AM

I can see why they'd be pissed.

It should be up to your discrestion really.
I suppose though that if "Hijack this fags!" ended up on CNN, the entire gay community would be kinda pissed off.

I don't see why anyone would mind a SWB sticker though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 01:11 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

We are keeping the flags flying high pierced! You guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work. We will pray for your safe return. Kick a$$ and hurry home, sounds like your baby needs you. Thanks from all of us in the U.S.!!!

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is sick of her crap!

post #25 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 02:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good luck to you over there, bub, stay safe...

As for all of you who seem to beleive that the United States is the big innocent victim in this entire escapade I've got some great property here in Colorado for sale with beautiful ocean views... Shall we start 30 years ago? Anyone know that Afghanistan used to be a major exporter of fuits and veggies? No... That's because we funded a little war in Afghanistan to keep the Russians from seizing control of some very key northern real estate. Unfortunately the way we funded it was by turning 75% of the southern Afghanistan farming regions into poppy fields so they could make heroin (basic economic principle of supply & demand... "drugs sell") We took our best soldiers, and trained their people in covert operations, taught them to fight dirty and how to build bombs, taught them how to take the war to the people, and taught them that when they wage war it is with God behind them. Then when they were finished fighting the Russians did we bother funding schools, agriculture, or anything even remotely associated with civilized society?

No... we left these rabid dogs in the desert. Then we have the balls to come in and lay down military and econimic protection in the late 70's/early 80's for Israel because they are "fighting against terrorism." The problem is they weren't fighting terrorism, they were fighting the soldiers left behind from Afghanistan that we trained, so it became a vicious circle because we were using Israel to clean up our light-work. What else can a soldier do when they're done fighting? Now the Muslims begin to view this as a religious war because America, the great Satan that allows sin to run rampant everywhere, is defending these people that attack them. We can't settle our own religious differences, so what business do we have trying to make peace on the West Bank of Jerusalem? This only adds more tension to a 3,000 year old religious conlict between the Jews and Muslims, and so now where are we?

In 1994 George Sr. decided one way to improve the economy was to free up the chincy oil flow and barter with the Sauidi's for cheaper oil. Well, tribal roots go back way farther than borders in the Middle East and Saudi Arabia really pissed off the elders by providing the US a break in oil prices. So who do the "elders" turn to to try to gain control of this land before "whitey" moves in? Sadham Hussein... Anyone know why the Iraqi's were just able to surrender and slink back across the border, torching as many oil wells as possibly on the way out? Guess who still protects Saudi Arabia so our 10 MILLION barrels of oil we use EACH DAY stay cheap during another war in the Middle East? Terrorists struck the World Trade Center in 1995, and we did nothing, bombings continued overseas on a United States embassy, and a destroyer in the Gulf and we did nothing. Why wouldn't we retaliate more severly for such attrocities? Maybe because we provoked them...

Now it's George Jr.'s turn to fix the economy, and like father like son, he started a war. Too bad that Bin Laden trumped our hand and threw the one-eyed Joker... but this time we will retaliate because we have been sticken not just physically, but emotionally and mentally... now we will strike against those who have made us insecure in the land of freedom, too insecure to keep buying stock and retail products like we did the last time we had a war, too insecure to dig the economy out of a rut with some media induced consumer confidence.

Now were scared because war isn't something on TV anymore... now war is something that can touch us.

What happened on September 11th was a horrible tragedy, and I feel for those who have had to suffer at the hands of a few evil people. But remember that one person's terrorist is another man's hero. There are reasons for what happened and this country's politicians are solely to blame. Cause and effect....

Josh
1968 Halfcab - SOA, Twisters, 35's, D44's(4.27), T-18, D20, P/S, Pro-Jection!
post #26 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 07:52 AM

Hey psycho, it's "men" like Pierced that ALLOW you to say that stupid [censored] because you're FREE!!!!!!!!

Pierced, Thank you thank you thank you. Keep you head down and put one on 'em from all of us!

post #27 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 12:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Joshuwah yes we taught them how to fight thier war and yes it did have benefit America interest but on the other hand we could have looked the other way in which case Russia would have taken over thier country.And just why should we fund schools and agriculter it's thier country wasn't making sure that they weren't taken over by Russia enough.They were free to make thier own choices and build thier own country. No one told them not to go back to growing fruits and other foods they made the choice to grow opiom popies. And just how are we to blame? Should we have let Russia take over? Then you would blame us for standing by and not doing any thing.And blaming George Bush either one for that matter for starting a war is beyond a boubt the DUMBEST thing that I have ever heard.If you want to blame an American President blame Clinton for his half hearted efforts when America Embassies were bombed that should have been the time we retaliated then quite possiblely the World Trade Center terrorism would not have occured because they would have realized that we wouldn't stand still for it.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
post #28 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 12:22 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">If anybody honestly believes that the US is the cause of the problems of the middle east, I’d have to say they’re crazy… These places can be just as prosperous as the US, they have to pull their heads out of the sand, their a$$es out of the middle ages and try to get an economy going. Some of these places there have a decent economy but look at the Taliban. They don’t allow anybody to have any sort of technology at all… How the heck do you expect them to support themselves without the various technologies? Of course they’ll have harder lives than us.

In Pakistan and Afghanistan, etc, the press is blaming the US for the anthrax, and other things. Guess what? How could these people possibly figure out that we’re the good guys with the wacko media there only giving them the Taliban's part of the story and not ours. Most people there don’t know all the aid we give these places (including $34 million in aid in the past year to afghanistan) and the current food drops. The majority of them are illiterate and rely on people literally standing up on soap boxes and ranting about things to get their news. How can you get informed properly like that? You become someone elses’ pawn, which is why the Taliban, Al Queda and other terrorist or terrorist supporting organizations are in power and have the power over others that they have. They have the people brainwashed into thinking we’re the bad guys.

As previously mentioned, do you think they’d be better off picking their own government (which we let them do) or let the former Soviets or the Brittish before them pick for them?

We wouldn’t retalliate more severly for such attrocities because of Bill Clinton who was concentrating more on closing the US down to the US citizens rather than what he was supposed to do. He had no real foreign policy to speak of, no energy policy, only environmental policy. That’s no way to win a battle or retalliate. The man was an idiot. Thank God we don’t have owl Gore in office now or there would still likely be no form of attempt to destroy these groups…
</font>

Tim "Sandman"
post #29 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 05:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I didn't say that we are the casue of the troubles in the Middles East, their problems go back 1000's of years. We are however a major catalyst in the problems over the last 10 years.

Here's a good example... if you go for a walk near your home and you run into a den of rattlesnakes, what do you do? If you leave them alone they will likely not bother you. However, if you throw rocks at them and piss them off they are more likely to scatter and find new shelter. If you take a walk in you back yard one day and get bit by a snake then there are 2 ways to look at it. If you left them alone, then you must accept that it is the snakes' nature and then deal with them at that time. If you provoked them
then you have no one to blame but yourself...

We poked around in the den and we got bit. Now it's time to take care of the problem. All I hope is we learned something and won't be so eager to f*ck with a bunch of snakes again.

Josh
1968 Halfcab - SOA, Twisters, 35's, D44's(4.27), T-18, D20, P/S, Pro-Jection!
post #30 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 07:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

let me just state..

"The only reason for the existence of the soldier is to defend the principles that civilian society represents." - Georges Clemenceau

and one of me favorites..

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and PATRIOTIC feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stewart Mills

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode