Miss my Jeep! But it's worth it - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 04:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Miss my Jeep! But it\'s worth it

Glad Your having fun! Nothing like letting loose blowin [censored] up every now and then, but is it for us, and the preservation of our freedom?
Or to serve the agenda of a world dominant government? Or is it simply a vindictive response in retaliation?
Just food for thought.

Hope your Jeep comes through it all in good shape.

Best wishes, and stay safe.

'85 Scrambler under construction
5.7L Vortec, NV4500, and god knows what.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for being there and defending our country. You're out of Mountain Home AFB aren't you? Hell, I'll tarp your Jeep for you man! I'm only 40 minutes west of there (Meridian). Heck, if I had room, I'd store it in a nice warm shop for you (No shop yet [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]). Our prayers are with you guys.. Bret

Don't ever forget 9-11-01 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #13 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 10:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

PsychoJeeper whats up with "Or to serve the agenda of a world dominate goverment?" If we don't dominate who would you rather have dominate China?
"Or is it simply a vindictive respose in retaliation?"What up with that? They made the first move now they must suffer for it.As a matter of fact we waited far to long to respond we should have done it back when they attacked out embassey's over seas.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 10:39 AM

psycojeeper - What the???

The events of Sept 11 were a full assault on freedom of all people - everywhere. The perpetrators are dead, died in the crashes… they will receive their punishment. I do not know who masterminded the plan – it is not my place to know. However, I do believe that those responsible *need* to be found and brought to justice. Freedom can not continue in U.S. or anywhere if not.

Recognize this? –
“We the people...” “...establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense..." “...secure the blessings of liberty...”

It is our duty as American People to uphold and defend the ideals our country was founded upon – *always* and *everywhere*. At times that defense is ugly and costly. I do not know everything that has happened leading up to and as result of Sept 11 events but to my knowledge and IMHO, the actions of our government are not the actions of a domineering bully seeking revenge.

Lines were crossed. The unthinkable was thought and carried out. Let us not play lawyer and split hairs of every detail regarding crime and punishment…. not over analyze and second guess motives. If we did that it would be too easy to paint every rapist serving time in prison as a victim of a vengeful government.

I trust George Bush as the leader of our country and as the Commander-in-chief of our armed forces. I applaud him for making prayer the first order of business followed by planning then action. I respect and support the armed forces members who are charged with the dirty work of defending my freedom so I can worship, play with my kids, hug my wife, fix my house and tinker with my Jeep ...or not... as I choose to - in safety and peace.

post #15 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 11:17 AM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Psycho, let's go down the list, shall we?
They initiated this. They struck out at us with an unprecedented amount of casualties here. Innocents no less. I'm curious, Psycho, do you support the fact that we entered WWII as a result of Pearl Harbor? Those who died there were in the armed services, and at least in some form knew that would make them a target. Not to trivialize that since it's certainly not trivial, but to prove my point, those people in the towers and the Pentagon were going about their lives, not provoking anybody. If the terrorists had a beef with something we'd done, there are plenty of ways they could try to talk to us diplomatically, we'd at least have the decency to listen to them. Now there's no way in hell I'd ever consider dealing with these people in any manner other than destroying them. I don't care about the root cause of their issue. I don't care to hear from anybody how much of an evil empire the US is. I care that the radicals who did this get neutralized in order to protect ourselves.

These people are tought almost from birth that the US is evil and they'll go to heaven if they kill Americans. How do you reason with that? Do you just turn the other cheek? We've tried that before. Didn't work, now we're out of cheeks we can turn towards them. The US seems to always be the first on the scene of natural disasters anywhere, the first to help police up an area, the first to donate food and medicine to various people around the world who need it. So I don't see how that makes US the problem.

They're willing to kill themselves to try and kill others. This is wholly unacceptable. If they want to die anyway, we should help them out with it, especially before they can try taking anybody with them. I cannot see how the anti-war crowd and professors, etc can possibly think these people can be reasoned with... They refuse to come out and fight, which I'd prefer over this cowardly suicide bombing and mailing diseases and bacteria... At least that way you'd have half a chance to protect yourself against it... I'd rather we wouldn't have to kill all of these so-called people (more like animals), however there aren't a whole lot of choices left, now are there?

To the military members here: Keep up the good work, you're makin' us all proud!</font>

Tim "Sandman"
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 11:40 AM
Addict

PsychoJeeper-

Maybe you're "having fun" but I don't think anyone else who has any idea at all as to what is going on in the world arena now is. Here's some more food for thought.

If the deaths of your countrymen, from terrorist attack with any means available, be it biological or hijacking, is not cause to take up the defense of "preservation of freedom" what is? If our actions now are not for "us" who do you think they're for? I have no problem with religious or ideological differences, as someone's sig line on this board states, "I may not like what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." There is a distinction to be recognized here and it is not a subtle one. Norman Schwarzkopf said it best in an interview I heard just after the WTC attack. He was speaking about how we have placed our people in harms way around the world but in particular in the Gulf war. How we put our troops at increased risk to avoid or minimize the loss of life of innocent civilians but "these bastards targeted civilians and that is the difference between them and us." Maybe some people see this as an insignificant difference but I don't.

Our government is not perfect, and we leave much to be desired, yet no other form of government, or country, has done as much for itself and the world as the US. Bar none, in assistance, healthcare, feeding people, defending our allies, advancing the causes of civilization and humanity we are the lead dog. Who else would you have take on this role? Nobody, no other country has been able to assume this responsibility for the world community. Thank God it is us. If the loss of over 5000 lives is not reason enough to stir a sense of duty to country, and to what it is to be American, what is? 50,000 or 5,000,000?

Yeah, we're the biggest kid on the block and some people might think that's unfair. But we've turned away from fights before, we've tried to show restraint, to avoid looking like we take unfair advantage. But if some bully picks a fight with the toughest kid on the block and gets stomped, the tough kid doesn't have to apologize or feel ashamed about it. We all have a right to our individual opinions, if someone chooses to see this as "vindictive" so be it. Don't expect me, or anybody else to believe the same.

Yeah, I'm bleeding red, white and blue and I'm not apologizing for it either. I guess I've had some stuff rattling around inside me and you just shook it loose. I don't intend for this to be an attack on anybody, but I've heard people say a lot of things about what is going on and why. If now is not the time to stand up and defend our way of life, if now is not the time to feel patriotism to our country, if now is not the time to remember and act on the behalf of our fallen countrymen, when?

Jeff

Prepare for war, pray for peace.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 02:15 PM

Not that I agree with him, but this is a post about a Jeep in a driveway, and some guy were hoping will chalk some bombs for us.

Isn't telling him the same thing 4 times over a little extreme.

post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 04:01 PM
Addict

Infernozx -
Thanks for explaining what this thread is all about, obviously the 4 of us who responded to PsychoJeeper have no clue as to what the real issues are.

Jeff

Prepare for war, pray for peace.
post #19 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 04:13 PM

I've still got 6 of those SWB stickers Jay Anger made up. I didn't want to put them on the body before I hacked it all up... I'll gladly send a couple stickers (and hell, my digital camera too, but you'll have to send it back before I can get the pics out of it's internal memory)

'89 Comanche, '89 Wrangler, '74 Postal
post #20 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 04:24 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I'd like to see a bomb with a SWB BBS sticker on it... Perhaps a "Made in America, Tested in Afghanistan" label on one or something like that... </font>

Tim "Sandman"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode