Just one of those days - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 08:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just one of those days

I've got the CJ in the garage being waxed (old black paint and FL sun eat wax like candy). I've got the hood propped up on some rattle cans so I could get to the fenders. I'm leaving for work this morning, and there's a big puddle under the driver's front tire. "D*mn, brake fluid" I'm thinking. But it's dried, not oil, and greyish. I quickly realized there is a metal braket off the hood where I placed one of the rattle cans. It had punctured the lid and squarely settled on the "button," draining the entire contents all over my engine bay, down my fenders and pooling on my garage floor. So...I lift the hood and pry the can off. I shake it to see if there's any left. The cap, still on, is full of liquid, and completely splatters me and my work cloths.

So...I'm late for work, I've ruined a pair of cloths, and I've got Extend (anti-rust primer stuff) all over my Jeep and garage floor. Looks like it's just one of those days...

Who needs a road...if there's a perfectly good JEEP trail somewhere else!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 08:52 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: Just one of those days

Ah... ain't life Grand![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Think not?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Consider the opposite...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 09:13 AM
Can't Get Enough

I know the feeling well, I was taking the top off my Jeep this morning becasue its about 55 degrees with an expected high of around 80, which here in Texas is rather nice since its been in the low hundreds ...Well since its cool out, I'm having a hard time prying the plastic pices from my soft top out of their grooves above the ddors to pull down the top, so I figure, hey, whip out my buck tool and use the tip of the pliers to get it started. Well i'm pulling with the pliers being really careful to stay away from the top so I don't damage it, when bam, the pliers slip and I poke a hole in my face.....ouch. Its not bad, but it bled and now I'm sitting here at work with a damaged face. I should have known not to try and use tools at 6:30 in the AM when I'm not fully awake and not thinking clearly. Now I'll have a scar to remind me not to do something stupid like that again..

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 10:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This weather makes me wish I didnt have to sell my Jeep in June... I was walking around campus last night and was almost cold with the wind... almost... Actually a guy who lives around Austin bought it.. you see a Red CJ-7 with 33's and a nice chevy V8 rumble that was my baby...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 10:51 AM
Can't Get Enough

dude, I feel for you, this is the time of year I look forward to, spring and fall, this cool weather is great.... need to get you another, you know you can't live without a Jeep....

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am Well aware of this fact... College first then Jeep... tried Jeep then College and you saw how that worked out....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode