Dixie Run role call.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Dixie Run role call..

well my leave papers went thru.. so ill be there.. anyone else..
Elusive and i are leaving here tuesday, 3 oct. pm.. stopping half way.. and arriving wed the 4th of oct. and staying till atleast that monday the 8th..
ricky?
gregg?
dave???

http://www.jeepgod.net

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 02:29 PM
Veteran

Re: Dixie Run role call..

Tuesday is the 2nd and Wednesday is the 3rd. I still need to know where to meet up with you two clowns once we get there on Wednesday.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.<font color=black>
Semper Jeep

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 04:25 PM
Mud in my Veins

I'll be there, hopefully with the Mossy. The engine, tranny, Transfer, axles and wheels are in, brakes need adjusting, etc. About 2 days worth of little stuff should be done this weekend. It still needs too much work to drive the whole way (rightside balljoints are shot w/ 1/4" play top & bottom), so I'm looking for some transpo from the DR to Winston-Salem (it's on the way...I40). Anyone going east with spare trailer space or tow vehichle? I can kick in for <font color=green>fuel</font color=green> and some <font color=red>BEER</font color=red> at the DR! I had a tow vehicle lined up, but the guy has a Dr.s appt. (workers Comp) on Friday that he can't miss. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I do have access to a tow dolly if it helps.

As a backup, anyone got a spare seat for a Jeepless (running that is) jarhead? I'm planning on arriving Wednesday night (w/o Mossy) or late Thursday (w/ Mossy). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone from the SWB. Is everyone staying with the herd at Murphy?

Caver Dave
'72 Commando "Project Mossy"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 06:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I got a deffinate from mob (Just got done lifting his yj) and a maybe from paul.. he's skeerd to drive the rhino all that way..(5.89 gears).. i wanna see that m-715 screaming down I-40 for 6 hours at 50 mph...lol
caper dave... if paul does go.. you could split the gas $$$ with him if you got the tow dolly... but remember.. 50 mph is wide open for him...

~~Elusive~~
1 ton tj-7 thingy
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 06:50 PM
Mud in my Veins

Hey Elusive,
If he decides to go, have him email me. 50mph is probably better than the Mossy will do right now! I'm about ready to scrap the whole idea of getting the bitch home before next summer [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

Caver Dave
'72 Commando "Project Mossy"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 07:25 PM
Can't Get Enough

Pat, I just made plans for Gardendale, AL Oct 12,13,14. Never been there and heard lots of good stuff.They are having a small rock course set up with a competition at the campground.
Being MIA from work during the week is no bueno for me or my clients. I prefer the Thursday / Friday MIA better. I am tenatively planning the 25th of Oct for the Fall Crawl that Tellico 4x4 is sponsoring in Tellico. I will have to see how the carnage adds up after Gardendale to see if I can afford another trip so close..Hope y'all have a blast and get lots of pics!!!
Ricky...seeya...

CJ-7 with LOTS O' CRAP
http://hometown.aol.com/ericselz/myh...e/profile.html,
http://www.aphlac.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 07:44 PM
Veteran

I got another guy coming with me and possibly another Jeep. I just need to know where we are meeting up at on Wednesday and possible timeline. Like I can count on a timeline from elusive and jeepgod, ha[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

<font color=red>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.<font color=black>
Semper Jeep

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

hey rich..
sounds like they are using the same campgrounds as last year.... so ill seeee ya there.. and i wont give you a time.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 06:14 AM

i've got a job interview this thursday for a GS job at the Army Depot up here that includes working alot of weekends. i've got my pile running, and am planning on Paragon this sunday to test my newer front 44 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but i can't say about Dixie Run yet...

<font color=red>3/4tonYJ</font color=red>

http://www.geocities.com/yj3qtr_ton
"Sept 11th 2001" will not be forgotten
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 12:29 PM
Can't Get Enough

I'll be there. I am really intrested to see some of the people off the BBS's rides. This is going to be my Dad's first trip. I would love to get him intrested enough that he would let me build him a jeep. I am easy to spot my tow rig is a work truck f150 and says RIDGID and HUSKY on the side of it. And of course the GreenMachine which is close to the original sour apple green color they put on jeeps in the 70's. I have to replace a broke centering pin and I should be good to go (dunno if the old Beaver winch will be back together by then).

<font color=green> GreenMachine </font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode