campbell hausfeld welder - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 09:04 PM
sas87yj

campbell hausfeld welder

ok this wheelin buddy of mine has one for sale-$50. it's a little 115v 70 amp arc rig. welds up to 1/8". i know i can't build a bumper with it but would it be of ANY use on my jeep? like when i broke my front shackle mount? i can't weld so i can teach myself and i am looking at a mig wire feed hobart 135 but thought for $50 this little arc could be something to learn on.

WELDERS
Stick / Arc Welders SHOP WELDERS CATALOG Flux Core Welders MIG & Flux Core Welders Stick / Arc Welders --------------- Featured Accessories --------------- Brushes & Hammers Flints, Lighters & Argon/CO2 Gases Hand & Face Protection MIG Conversion & Oxy/Acetylene Kits
Previous Page 2 of 3 Next
70 Amp Arc / Stick - for up to 1/8" Ga. Steel
Model: WS0950
115 volt stick welder is great for general around the home projects
Welds mild steel up to 1/8" stainless steel too!!
Infinite amperage adjustment allows for precise heat selection
Works with 1/16' or 5/64" diameter electrodes

Warranty: 1-Year
Approx. Retail-New Unit: $135.00

Click on the image to enlarge

The WS0950, 70 amp arc welder sits inside a sturdy metal case and is perfect for repairing tools and equipment. It welds up to 1/8" thick steel in a single pass and includes an informative guide for welder usage and range of material. The Infinite amperage control allows for a larger weld beads. The WS0950 is truly built to last and the 5 year warranty proves our commitment to your enjoyment. Always wear face, hand and body protection during welding applications and our accessory sections have all the welding necessities.

thanks for any advice from the welding gurus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 09:11 PM

Re: campbell hausfeld welder

I have used one of those, quite alot actually,
itll weld small like 1 inch square tube and stuff
MAYBE burn thru 1/8 of an inch, but you have to go really slow to get that much penetration.

I NEVER hit the duty cycle on the one I used ( it was borrowed) I ran it wide open all the time, with the really small little rods from lowes, maybe 1/16"

welded some muffler rust holes up, welded some patio furniture up.. lots of little things like that

I learned the basics of stick weld with that little rig.

OzarkJeep

I love the U.S.A.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 09:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can't go wrong at that price. Go ahead and buy it. It will get you started in welding and you will better know what you need and want later. You can always sell it at that price. It won't do your shackels or I wouldn't use for that.

85 CJ7, Chevy LT-1 V-8, 700R4, NP208, 4 1/2 lift BFGTA 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A buudy of mine has that welder (he just bought a Miller T-bolt XL AC-DC). We call the CH welder "baby's first welder". LOL

You say tomato, I say fawk you.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2001, 10:18 PM
utahjeepr

1/16" electrodes? man I've never seen 'em that small. Could be handy for really light stuff. What do they sell for new? I see Lincoln 225 AC's around here in the classifieds pretty regular for $75-$100. AC arcs are kinda hard to get pretty welds out of when you are learning, but DC rigs are more expensive.

I just got myself a Lincoln 180 amp engine driven DC arc, picked it up off a job. We were developing some old farmland into a "retirement village" and the farmer just left a bunch of stuff for us to throw away. I haven't gone through it yet, but the 2-Cyl Wisconsin engine does turn over. It is a permanent magnet generator, so it should be OK they are pretty bulletproof. Gonna go through the whole thing and check it out, hopefully I'll have myself a pretty neat little portable welder. It is mounted on a little trailer that could use some work, not sure if I'll bother or just make something else.

September 11, 2001- We will not forget! We will not forgive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode